Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

e-freak

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rush, Mist and Black Gold have pretty deep FPS drops.. bit disappointed of the maps in this operation. Only one I like is Overgrown, but even that could use bit more work (T-side seems to acquire map control almost automatically).

I noticed the same thing even before Rush and Mist went into the mission. They look nice, but the framerate drops rapidly here and there and the layout is very complex on the mist - so many spots to camp for and shoot from. Insertion has same problem with framerate and castle too. Running those maps for example on 4870 card is barely playable but 7970 it's much less noticeable.

Only map that i didn't see any issues was overgrown. It had the flow and easy way to move in and out while the other maps had just too many ways go for. Overgrowns flow reminded me more about cache, which was nice.

Nevertheless, Valve has rolled the dice and congrats to all who got their maps in!

Insertion is really interesting, the way you spawn in. Nice to have something different. But it has a pretty fucking huge bug (hence why people don't do things like teleport people in maps) sometimes players get stuck inside each other. Leaving tking as the only option. Happened 2x in the 8 rounds we played as CT's.

Also yeah, the maps have some pretty bad stuttering/fps. I got some major pauses on overgrown. One lasted 5 seconds and got me killed.

Yep! All the maps are really growing on me, but Overgrown and Blackgold were instant favourites. I don't think Rush or Insertion will ever be my "type" of map because they both feel a bit too sandboxy, but they're still fun for a super-casual shootout. Congratulations everyone who's included.

I've been getting stuttering too, and it seems to take ages "searching" for a game to join. Think Valve cheaped out on the servers this time round. :( Hope they aren't losing interest in the operations.

My question is : where is marquis ? Best csgo custom map in my opinion, better than few maps taken both with gameplay and aesthetic. Paris was an issue maybe ? It's really strange :-(

The same for Catfood's maps, this guy is providing an awesome work like with Reef ( <3 ) or Crossfire and never had the change to get in any operation. I really don't understand, and there was 2 spots available (only 6 maps, it used to be 8 every time).

If anyone can clarify about all this, that'd be great

Still good job with the map taken, they all have amazing graphics ! (even if the level design could be much better with few of them).

I wondered the same about Marquis Sylvain. Not played Catfoods maps, will investigate now! I was also expecting Crown to show up.

All I can think is the authors didn't submit their maps for some reason?

Although I have a sneaking suspicion those two empty slots will get filled at some point during the operation, either by more community maps or by some official stuff.

I didn't get that impression from Black Gold at all. I played it for the first time yesterday in a competitive match and after say about 4 rounds I understood the map. I really enjoyed the map which I wasn't expecting!

I've played Mist before and I find it very confusing :(

Overgrown is great :)

But yes, where is Marquis?!!