dux

What have you watched recently?

23 hours ago, will2k said:

If you liked the first one back in 2009, then you'll like this one too!

A nice Sunday afternoon movie that doesn't take itself seriously; some light-hearted comedy with some zombie slashing while poking fun of itself.

Loved the first one, watched it twice already. Perfect stoner movie too! xD

On 1/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, [HP] said:

Loved the first one, watched it twice already. Perfect stoner movie too! xD

I actually watched it not stoned yet still thoroughly enjoyed.  Perhaps I should watch the second one.

1917 was an incredible visual tour de force. my favourite scene the chase lit by flares. The music that goes with it was superb.

I don’t think the trailer makes justice to the one-shot trickery

I imagine we can all easily see where the camera actually cuts, but in the behind the scenes they show some more advanced shots and it’s impressive how they strived to do long shots even where they could have faked it (for eg they regularly put the camera on cranes from hand filming, and vice versa)

The set models where they planned the shots are 🤤

Edited by blackdog

Mr. Robot finale! This is one of the best shows..

I'm currently watching Better Call Saul Season 5 and it's fantastic!

I Also burned through all 5 seasons of The Wire in early 2020. One of my favorite shows of all time. Great mix of police work, gangsta action, politics, drugs, sex and burner phones!

Keep the suggestions coming! I suspect we'll all have a lot of time on our hands in the coming months...

16 hours ago, tr0nic said:

I'm currently watching Better Call Saul Season 5 and it's fantastic!

Keep the suggestions coming! I suspect we'll all have a lot of time on our hands in the coming months...

Yeah i think Better Call Saul is one of the best shows ever written, at least among the shows i've watched. I'm not the only one:

Haven't started S5 yet, just wanted to have a few episodes available cos i would often binge two-by-two.

I need to return to Mr Robot, but I'm waaay back, I watched a couple episodes of S2 last year and never continued.

Suggestions:
You could try Startup (Amazon at least in UK), I liked S3 the best I think. I only watched a couple episodes and always wanted to go back to Halt and Catch Fire, to stay on the IT theme.
For the crime genre, have you watched Ozark? New season in a few days.
There's The Outsider I'm watching atm, it's from Stephen King.

I had it on my To-watch list since November but kinda slipped

And I agree with you @blackdog about Better Call Saul; I also recommend you go back and re-watch Breaking Bad for a 2nd time after watching BCS: you will see BB from another perspective now that you know the backstories of most of the characters and how it led to the events of BB.

12 hours ago, will2k said:

I had it on my To-watch list since November but kinda slipped

And I agree with you @blackdog about Better Call Saul; I also recommend you go back and re-watch Breaking Bad for a 2nd time after watching BCS: you will see BB from another perspective now that you know the backstories of most of the characters and how it led to the events of BB.

I would wait the end of BCS before seeing Breaking Bad again (although the temptation was there many times)… I haven’t investigated if this is the last BCS season or there’s more before the stories join up.

Anyway since we are talking about the genius of the show runners, in case people haven’t seen this analysis

Can’t find one much older that was explaining the times the show teases placing indicators of things to come without the viewer’s knowledge of course.

I haven’t had the chance to watch El Camino yet, we meant to watch together with friends and then the novelty passed, and I’m always too tired to watch movies by myself