Jump to content
dux

What have you watched recently?

Recommended Posts

Seen Spider-Man Far From Home a week ago in cinema, then Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse on digital tonight; this is the most impressive animated movie since the release of Monsters Inc., absolutely captivating in terms of art. Also a very good story

Dunno why they are so stingy in terms of web slinging for the MCU movies.

Also watched for the first time Big Trouble in Little China

So I now understand the meme :D

361268d7807c1a9a647982b36867df1f.jpg

Edited by blackdog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blackdog said:

Seen Spider-Man Far From Home a week ago in cinema, then Spider-Man Into the Spiderverse on digital tonight; this is the most impressive animated movie since the release of Monsters Inc., absolutely captivating in terms of art. Also a very good story

Dunno why they are so stingy in terms of web slinging for the MCU movies.

Also watched for the first time Big Trouble in Little China

So I now understand the meme :D

361268d7807c1a9a647982b36867df1f.jpg

Quality post!

 

Also, dunno where to post or talk about this, but you guys seen that Matrix 4 is in the works? All original cast too? 

I mean, after the absolutely great sequel that Blade Runner 2049 was, I'm open minded, long as they dont do cgi fest like Revolutions.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, [HP] said:

Quality post!

 

Also, dunno where to post or talk about this, but you guys seen that Matrix 4 is in the works? All original cast too? 

I mean, after the absolutely great sequel that Blade Runner 2049 was, I'm open minded, long as they dont do cgi fest like Revolutions.

 

Optimistic for a Matrix sequel? 

Did you skip all the years since 1999?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@[HP] not surprised of the announcement as it was rumoured already during the John Wick campaign, but I have zero confidence in the Watchowskys after Sense8: I found it unwatchable, the gay contents were really on the nose and imo didn’t add anything to the narrative; it felt like propaganda. Even a company as woke as Netflix couldn’t keep the lights on the show, so I can’t be the only one of this opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Optimistic for a Matrix sequel? 

Did you skip all the years since 1999?

The Matrix is one of my favorite films. I even like the sequels, but I am not optimistic about this one at all. Hopefully it turns out mind numbingly great, but I have my doubts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Radu said:

The Matrix is one of my favorite films. I even like the sequels, but I am not optimistic about this one at all. Hopefully it turns out mind numbingly great, but I have my doubts.

Yeah the first one is an amazing, polished work of art. The second and third were unbelievably stupid, it's crazy they were made by the same people.

Sometimes an artist creates an amazing work of art, then creates more art that is so bad you almost swear they must have stolen a wandering gypsy's amazing idea for a project, then killed them to hide the secret forever. The Matrix is a good example of this phenomenon, as is "The Sixth Sense" (although in that case, the gypsy had like, one or two other good ideas that M. Night also stole...)

What have the Wachowskis done since the first Matrix to inspire any confidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

What have the Wachowskis done since the first Matrix to inspire any confidence?

I think the Wachowskis are very hit and miss, they have some really horrible stuff, almost unwatchable, yet at the same time some of their works are REALLY damn good.
Movies like, Speedracer, V for Vendetta and Assassins are absolute must watch classics.
On the other hand, Matrix Revolutions, Jupiter Ascending and (arguably) Cloud Atlas are so bad it really makes you question what the fuck they were thinking.

So, what gives me some faith here, is that Matrix Revolutions was so bad, in so many obvious ways, there's no way they can't know that, there's no way they don't know that the formula to make a sequel is somewhere in the first movie, not in the two sequels that proceeded it. Also, I didn't say I'm optimistic, I said I'm open minded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, [HP] said:

I think the Wachowskis are very hit and miss, they have some really horrible stuff, almost unwatchable, yet at the same time some of their works are REALLY damn good.
Movies like, Speedracer, V for Vendetta and Assassins are absolute must watch classics.
On the other hand, Matrix Revolutions, Jupiter Ascending and (arguably) Cloud Atlas are so bad it really makes you question what the fuck they were thinking.

So, what gives me some faith here, is that Matrix Revolutions was so bad, in so many obvious ways, there's no way they can't know that, there's no way they don't know that the formula to make a sequel is somewhere in the first movie, not in the two sequels that proceeded it. Also, I didn't say I'm optimistic, I said I'm open minded.

I forgot about V for Vendetta. So, that was at least watchable. Surprised to hear Speedracer was any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

I forgot about V for Vendetta. So, that was at least watchable. Surprised to hear Speedracer was any good.

Dude, you need to watch Speedracer! It's a really underrated fun movie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...