Welcome to the New Forums!!

Mojo

I dont like it tbh. The layout fucks with my brain. Also it lacks contrast between the posts.

I beilived that I am the only one who did not like the layout...

I don't know what, but I'm sure that this background really irritates :ssj: :-D

ahah... Now you know how we all feel towards you! :cool:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We (me, minos and mamus) had some troubles on our forum trying to swap this border too, but the easiest solution we found (I don't know if it was already told here) was to use the old fashioned subsilver2 style. It's not that pretty, of course, but if this update was only for the security and not the visuals, may be an option (and its very easy to customize).

Fergo

Ok, if someone wishes to continue borrowing my copy of Orange Box for the 360, someone needs to make sure links open in new tabs/windows. STAT.

:)

Sites shouldn't really be doing that anymore which is why a lot of software doesn't do it by default, and in the latest XHTML web standards it's not even valid code. The idea is that they open in the same tab by default, and you middle click links if you want them in new windows. :cool:

It'd be a shame to make this lovely new forum with its lovely new design have invalid HTML!

Ok, if someone wishes to continue borrowing my copy of Orange Box for the 360, someone needs to make sure links open in new tabs/windows. STAT.

Having applications force choices upon the user is bad design imo. If I want my links to open in a new tab, then I will just middle-click. It doesn't matter if it's possible to hack the validation or not, as a validation is just there to help you write proper websites.

I agree. I know that you can use Javascript to do it, but it's still automating the decision for a user. Left click is meant to open links, middle click is meant to open links in new windows. It is an incredibly basic and obvious function, and means people can easily choose between the two. The two buttons operating in this way has pretty much become a browser standard now, and is also why the W3C removed it from the HTML specification.

If you make both buttons open links in new windows then that destroys the point of the functionality in the first place, and is bad practice for any webmaster.

I agree. I know that you can use Javascript to do it, but it's still automating the decision for a user. Left click is meant to open links, middle click is meant to open links in new windows. It is an incredibly basic and obvious function, and means people can easily choose between the two. The two buttons operating in this way has pretty much become a browser standard now, and is also why the W3C removed it from the HTML specification.

If you make both buttons open links in new windows then that destroys the point of the functionality in the first place, and is bad practice for any webmaster.

signed.

hahaha, I'm sorry. Trying to get those pesky TF2 achievements and I think halfway though Ep2.

wtf why are the avatars on the bottom now? Don't try to reinvent the wheel!

bottom? o_O

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.