Sign in to follow this  
Mojo

Welcome to the New Forums!!

There's a front page? :?
Not anymore, lol.

(Either that or I mistakenly adblocked it somehow.)

It was more a joke that I, one of the admins and one of those responsible for the front page, didn't know mapcore had a front page. :D:zoidberg:

I haven't seen much in the way of custom phpBB 3 skins. Remember, none of the phpBB 2 skins are compatible -- that's why we're not using the previous one.

I still think some customised colours and a pretty header would work magic. Have some patience (Mojo is very busy with work). :-D

The problem with having a heavily customised theme is that phpBB upgrades can be nightmares. You essentially have to hope each one doesn't wreck it, and if it does you need to work out why. And if you've also got some custom hacks in there... :(:(:(

yeah forgot about that. heh..

well i wish you guys all the best and wisdom to make this our new home :) you guys r0cxzors

I run at 1920x1200... but I view MapCore in a sane 1024x768 window. Unless it's a really short title there's not much room between the title and the pages, and it looks neater with the page area in the same place every time -- in fact this makes it easier. Are you guys viewing MapCore on a HD television or somethng? :oops:

is there a way to use the "view recent posts" function WITHOUT displaying the EoT posts?

if its not possible yet i hope there is an easy way to add it.

I think I've managed to hack up that functionality for you by messing around with the advanced search URL (which is what 'View New Posts' really is).

Ordinarily advanced search doesn't let you search for nothing (ie: just display everything), but the 'View New Posts' link adds a special exception that allows this. So, you do an advanced search that has every forum highlighted except EoT, copy the 'fid=X' stuff (forum ID), and then add the special bit that the 'View New Posts' link adds.

You end up with this URL:

search.php?search_id=newposts&fid%5B%5D=44&fid%5B%5D=21&fid%5B%5D=23&fid%5B%5D=9&fid%5B%5D=22&fid%5B%5D=42&fid%5B%5D=37&fid%5B%5D=45&fid%5B%5D=24&fid%5B%5D=25&fid%5B%5D=39&fid%5B%5D=31&fid%5B%5D=33&fid%5B%5D=32&fid%5B%5D=34&fid%5B%5D=35&fid%5B%5D=36&fid%5B%5D=40&fid%5B%5D=41

Bookmark that and let me know how it works. Since EoT is really shit we could then just have a 'New Posts (without EoT' button or something.

I've been thinking of this too. Maybe just making that the default search and just leave EOT out of the results

pgnumdist.jpg

considering you need to click on the number furthest to the right to get to the newest content its far for both the mouse and eye to travel

This has been annoying me too..

If someone would allow me access to the site files, I'd be happy to mess around with the theme etc..

Editing the theme isn't a problem for Mojo or (shortly) myself. Not every suggestion from a couple of people is going to be implemented, though. If such a small number of people could influence changes then we'd still have the names and avatars on the right. :oops:

If more people agree that the numbers should be moved I guess there's no choice, but I for one like the current arrangement as it's more uniform and neat.

Anyone who hasn't said so yet, share which you prefer. :-D

If you feel it looks ok this way, and some other people find it annoying, its better to do as the annoyed people are suggestiong.

The old forum had it this way, and I dont really care that much about looks, functionality is better.

Sign in to follow this