42 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

What’s the deal with pc parts right now? Just totally out of stock because of COVID/crypto and the situation isn’t resolving? I want to upgrade soonish

Higher general demand in all silicon sectors + crypto demand is not helping :E

I was 'lucky' to pickup a 3090 for work with only $500 on top of the retail price just before the elon enduced crypto run. Right now it's about $1500 over the msrp to get one here.

Edited by Buddy
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not yet... they really need to study what valve did with the in-editor modeling and UV'ing tools of source2. UE4 modeling system (Brush editor) is still too primitive and clunky. They need to sit

Early renders with UE5 are ...

Say what? 👀 This is confirmed by Tim Sweeney to be real time footage from a playable demo captured straight from the PS5 dev kit. https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/a-first-look-at-unrea

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Bunglo said:

@FMPONE getting a GPU at retail price is basically impossible…You might need to wait a few months to buy the processor you want if it's out of stock but getting a new graphics card? Maybe in the last quarter of 2022. 

30859AF8-6A5D-454E-958F-3167B0E3E38C.jpeg.95dbd8e58da07be6747613aee0b497ec.jpeg

7 hours ago, Bunglo said:

@FMPONE getting a GPU at retail price is basically impossible. They sell out less than a second after they're in stock, which is basically never. People have bots buying them up 

You would hope retailers are moving their asses and implement security measures to disrupt this shit 🤬

On 6/8/2021 at 11:42 AM, will2k said:

Early renders with UE5 are ...:shock:

E3SOz1AXIAY-JhY?format=jpg&name=large

I can imagine the FC6 or Crisys logo on this 🤤

On 6/7/2021 at 5:28 PM, AlexM said:

I ah see. Gotcha. I still have hope that if you remove the old GI solution and replace it with Lumen that maybe you can hopefully get something close but you are probably right, it won't hit full parity performance-wise but it should hopefully look much better (otherwise what's the point :D ).

You think heavily stylised games would benefit to jump ship? Say you are just starting production now… this stuff alone could make them look so much better (IMO).

Edited by blackdog
13 hours ago, blackdog said:

You think heavily stylised games would benefit to jump ship? Say you are just starting production now… this stuff alone could make them look so much better (IMO).

I think it varies per-game. It would depend on how they are stylized. For example, maybe a toon shaded game doesn't want indirect lighting in their game. If that's the case then maybe Lumen is not a good solution.

Do you have a specific example of a highly stylized game you think might benefit?

8 hours ago, AlexM said:

I think it varies per-game. It would depend on how they are stylized. For example, maybe a toon shaded game doesn't want indirect lighting in their game. If that's the case then maybe Lumen is not a good solution.

Do you have a specific example of a highly stylized game you think might benefit?

No, was just thinking if it could be something that would work across the board. I would say “if the devs want to emphasise lights”, but then thought that any game looks nicer with better light control.

Dunno, stuff like this I was imagining

6 hours ago, blackdog said:

No, was just thinking if it could be something that would work across the board. I would say “if the devs want to emphasise lights”, but then thought that any game looks nicer with better light control.

Dunno, stuff like this I was imagining

Ah I see. I think for this particular example, the art director probably wouldn't want the Lumen indirect lighting because it looks to me that they want a high contrast, comic book type shading.

Personally, I think it might be at least worth a try but I can see an art director being against introducing indirect lighting to a game with this look.

• 1 month later...