Deathloop - New Arkane Lyon's game

El Moroes

Well, the game looks cool and it's not a common concept, but I don't know if it's THAT original. Dark Souls did the invading a decade ago. Even the recent Doom Eternal had some similar feature. But it definitely stood out from the crowd. Everything else in the show looked good too, but so generic (except Little Devil Inside of course and Stray). And a shit load of particles.

There's more details on Bethesda's website: https://bethesda.net/en/article/7u3fdVVW7wfC5fhNyoeU2n/deathloop-gameplay-reveal-and-next-gen-details

Edited by Radu

This looks incomprehensible and unsellable. Like an extra noisy Dishonored game

Maybe I need to see more footage, but the art style doesn’t seem very appealing IMO and the footage seems pretty clunky. What is with the people in random masks? Nothing seems to fit together 

This could be proven wrong, but sometimes I think Arkane gets a little too “high concept” for gamers. Sometimes it’s great like Dishonored, but in a case like this I doubt it works out.

1 hour ago, FMPONE said:

This looks incomprehensible and unsellable. Like an extra noisy Dishonored game

Maybe I need to see more footage, but the art style doesn’t seem very appealing IMO and the footage seems pretty clunky. What is with the people in random masks? Nothing seems to fit together 

This could be proven wrong, but sometimes I think Arkane gets a little too “high concept” for gamers. Sometimes it’s great like Dishonored, but in a case like this I doubt it works out.

Honestly, I disagree. I think the 60-70s aesthetic that they're going for is pretty appealing nowadays, maybe even making a comeback similar to how the 80s have. If you've followed popular media in the recent years, we've had films like Once Upon a Time in Hollywood,  Bohemian Rhapsody,  Rocketman, The Nice Guys, The Man from U.N.C.L.E. etc. And in the games industry we've got titles like Wolfenstein: The New Order & The New Colossus, as well as the old classic No One Lives Forever. So there's definitely a high appeal for this period just like there is for the 50s or 80s, each with their own quirks. 

1 minute ago, [HP] said:

Yeah, the early 70's aesthetic is criminally underused in games.

Btw, you sould all watch Black Dynamite, specially if you got some good bud lying around your place. ;)

giphy.gif

Instantly heard DYNAMITE!....DYNAMITE! in my head :D Cleaning up the streets.

Good Stuff. I'd say Deathloop has that kind of appeal. I'll keep my eye on it.

• 1 month later...