The Witcher 3

Kedhrin

I too tried playing The Witcher 1 before the 2nd came out but it's pretty clunky :(

Also the game lenght turns me off :s It's about 41h average to clear the Main Story only!!

Ain't nobody got time for that! So it's still sitting in my Steam library... Another steam sale I will likely never finish.  :P

commandowrong.gif

Edited by SpronyvanJohnson

Well, I bought Witcher 1 ages ago, so i guess the least I can do is try it for a couple hours. Anyway, thanks brosefs!

One very important thing: Use this guide. I despise using guides but this game gives you no warning whatsoever. Meaning that entire quests fail because you accidentally progressed in a main quest. You'll not be notified of this. I had to play several parts over again, costing me hours, just due to continuing the wrong quest at that time. So scout, explore, start quests but keep a close eye on which you complete and when you complete them. Save often. It will come in handy.

• 1 month later...

Absolutely cannot wait. I've been playing Gothic 2 lately (one of the very best RPGs I have ever played, easily) and if TW3 has a similar open-world approach without level scaling then it has the potential to become one of my all-time favorites.

I've finished the first one about a month ago and in the mean time I've been trying to complete other games in my huge back catalog. None of them manage to pull me in though because I'm only thinking about The Witcher 2. So today, after seeing these screens, I decided fuck my back catalog! I'm going to play The Witcher 2.

It is quite an overwhelming game from my experience, and this is from someone who finished everything in the first witcher. Stick with it though, just hack away at it when you feel like it so it doesn't end up feeling like a second job that you're forcing yourself to do :P

• 3 months later...