• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Our launch cinematic is up!

Posted Images

Hey guys, question. Should I play The Witcher 2 right away and skip Witcher 1?

I tried to play Witcher 1 about a year ago and thought it was kind of neat, if not really janky. Then there was a boss a few hours in- fighting against some wolf beast that was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in a game. Brutally difficult, very long, and no way to defend yourself against it. I quit the game and I'll never go back.

You might have a different experience and I've heard the game is really cool, but not worth it in my experience.

I'll answer your question now that I've overcome my disappointment in you Helder!

It's not necessary to play it in order to enjoy the second. You would be missing out on a great game though, even if it's time consuming, unstable and unfair at points. It's still better than most RPG's I've ever played. It's also the only game ever, that managed to make me feel guilty about bad decisions. The only game ever, that made me really think about the consequences. It's kinda like being married. If you do the right things, it's heaven, if you mess up, there's hell to pay.

Also, the original gives you a ton of background and you can take your save with you to The Witcher 2. Choices you made will effect certain parts of the second. You can look it up on the Wiki but I can't really saying anything without spoiling it for you.

If you do decide to give it a go, hit me up.

I remember the first game as being more open world and letting you do things in your own pace while Witcher 2 was more rigid. In the end I was super impressed by the look and feel of witcher 2 but never got as invested in the story or the world as I was in witcher 1.

Edited by Dejavo

I too tried playing The Witcher 1 before the 2nd came out but it's pretty clunky :(

Also the game lenght turns me off :s It's about 41h average to clear the Main Story only!!

Ain't nobody got time for that! So it's still sitting in my Steam library... Another steam sale I will likely never finish.  :P

Edited by Chimeray