Welcome to the New Forums!!

Mojo

I've worked out that the reason I find it so jarring with the names on the right is because I normally look at the avatar before the post, which is how I identify most people; without the avatars being on the left the first thing I automatically look at is the post so I have to go across to check out the avatar and then come back again. :-D

I AGREE! :P like 110% :P

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've worked out that the reason I find it so jarring with the names on the right is because I normally look at the avatar before the post, which is how I identify most people; without the avatars being on the left the first thing I automatically look at is the post so I have to go across to check out the avatar and then come back again. :-D

ahah, yeah man, exactly my thoughts here...

I kinda like it, I always loved PHPbb3 when the firts beta releases, and I surely like the new looks of it! It's different and refreshing.

Are you guys sticking to this default theme, and just change the banner? Or you'r gonna change the overall look of the template as well to fit the old colors?

Kudos for the admins, improvements is always nice to see!

Indeed the info bar on the right pretty annoying, it has proved very useful on the left side in the past. I see who posted before actually reading the message, and in some cases like Nexuz posts for example, i could ignore them by just seeing his avatar and avoid me any brain pollution. :idea:

I also vote for a darker layout, it's better than posting your contrasted map screenshots on a white page. ( a bit like that http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/ :P )

Actually i find the info bar on the right pretty annoying, it has proved very useful on the left side in the past. As i read from left to right, i see who posted before actually reading the message, and in some cases like Nexuz posts for example, i could ignore them by just seeing his avatar and avoid me any brain pollution. :idea:

Totally agree...

I also vote for a darker layout, it's better than posting your contrasted map screenshots on a white page. ( a bit like that http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/ :P )

:stfu: Dark layouts is a big fucking NO NO!

That Pixelation forum looks like ass and I would really hate MapCore to ever look anything like it. No offence to whoever designed it.

I really like the colour scheme we have now. It is easy on the eyes, the overall tone isn't that much different to how we had it before, and because it's mostly default it means we won't lose it or have problems every time Mojo needs to update phpBB (which will happen all the time thanks to hacking fucks). This new design also feels more professional which is good because MapCore is professional.

All we need is a nice custom header, and the name stuff on the left. :-D Clearly anyone who reads from left to right is going to find it easier to read the name and see the avatar before the post for identification purposes. Even vBulletin weren't crazy enough to put the name on the opposite side when they decided to put names above posts.

This new design also feels more professional which is good because MapCore is professional.

yeah, but It's the deafult PHPbb3 template, so... :shifty:

I vouche for something like this, demo: http://swanky.pcriot.com/forum/index.php

Download: http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... ed+corners

Or check the official subsilver template, which is pretty much like this one, but slighly silver/blue colors, which are lovely.

I find it rather confusing all. Apart from the avatars on the right, I also find the colors to be too white and with too little contrast. It is hard seeing the difference between two posts for me. Minus the bold titles everytime, It all looks like one big reply to me. But yeah, default theme :)

Is there anything more planned for Mapcore apart from the forum upgrade we are all looking at?

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.