[CS:GO][Wingman] Terraza

Radu

12 hours ago, esspho said:

The stairs infront of that window look strange. (Read: the window behind the stairs makes little sense.)

Yeah, normally there would be some space between the stairway and the window, but for gameplay purposes it's right next to it. It's still technically a functional window since you can see through the lattice texture. If nothing else, take it as my salute to people with OCD :)

Although it was originally supposed to take a month or two, this map ended up being delayed over and over... So what's been happening this time? Well, I got caught up with some contract work, life and just trying to get my foot in the door. I applied for a level design position at my local Ubisoft about a month ago; it went pretty good, did the test, had an interview, but no cigar. And my GPU died a few hours after I completed the test. Despite being turned down for the ld position, I took an offer for a QA/QC role. I got a new GPU in the meantime and things have started to clear up again. With that being said, I'm ready to get back on track. Right now I'm aiming to release this by end of January. I prepared a mood board to help with the final art touches. I haven't ever done a mood board before, but I might end up adding this to my workflow from now on.

4aOoGZz.jpg

• 2 months later...

I put a test version on the workshop to iron out any final issues if you guys want to have a look: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1675723560

I've been testing it with people over the last few days and so far it's pretty promising. Layout was alright since greybox, but I'm still adjusting some smaller details. Other than that, there's just some visuals to handle for the non-gameplay areas including the background.

BgKEE1o.jpg

f1ZKoD7.jpg

Edited by Radu

Dunno if you have done any post or changed graphic settings, but if all this much better clarity comes by just changing the lighting, you’ve done an awesome job. Looks so much cleaner, sharper. (Sky) Colour pop nicely, makes me think of the solution posted by @Yanzl for their map a while ago. Did you go through those extra steps as well?