Call of Duty: Ghosts

knj

*heavily armored dog leaps twenty feet in the air to bite helicopter pilot in the neck*

I know it's absurd.  But at this point I don't think I'd want it any other way.  Bring it on...I'll play that shit.  This is why video games are awesome.  You can have dogs bite helicopter pilots in the neck!!!!  AWESOMENESS!!!

yeah, I mean, I can dig it. but when you see some of the awesome art that went into this, and the writing isn't SOOOO awful (ok it's corny, but i can dig it), it's a shame to see them just veer right off into CRAZYTOWN. then again, we'll see when this formula stops working for them. let the games begin!

IMO you have to judge the craziness of it in context of the game.  Think of it this way...there were likely be moments in the Ghosts campaign where most people will say "okay, I accept that as plausible and makes sense."  So the transition from [THAT] to [DOG BITE PILOT SEQUENCE] is where the craziness of it gets established.  

Now if the dogs had flamethrowers and lasers...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok...so they have a new co-op standoff mode a la Zombies.  Are aliens that much more outlandish than zombies?   I would judge it on how well they actually execute it, less so the concept.

That said, zombie theme has been hot for a while and there was a tongue in cheek feel to the idea of a CoD Zombies mode in Black Ops which felt kind of light...very much in line with how the rest of MW3 and BO2 had been marketed.  But the tone of that video was more serious.  It didn't feel off to me...it just felt like they decided to be different which can be a good thing.

BTW: General rule of zombies is either really fucking scary or fucking hilarious.  There is no successful middle ground.  (prove me wrong, interwebs)

<waits for proof of why I'm wrong in 3...2...1...>