[CS:GO] Golden

KingOfCorn

Golden is a 5 vs 5 competitive defusal map. I've been working on it since mid 2017 but with a 8 month break until August 2018 when I decided to pick it up again. The goal was initially to compete in the 2017 mapcore competition but I underestimated the time and effort it took to finish the project.

The map is inspired by the older parts of Stockholm, Sweden. An unknown terrorist cell has executed an attack in the heart of the city. Their objective is to create chaos in the normally modest and safe capital. The Counter Terrorist unit called GIGN from France has reinforced the district since the national police force is inadequate and is struggling to handle the situation.

Be sure to enjoy the level and I appreciate all the feedback and comments I can get! 

Workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1716064469

de_golden_b6Eupload.jpg

de_golden_metrot2Eupload.jpg

de_golden_mid3Eupload.jpg

radar_goldenv6p_online.jpg

Edited by KingOfCorn
Updated workshop link

Thanks alot!

I've made several improvements based on community feedback and testing since the release.

-Better clipping

-Work done to improve shadows and lighting in certain places

-Minor details added

-Fixed a couple of decals/overlays not showing correctly

-Minor bug fixes

-Improved overall sound

If you find something that doesn't seem right or if you would like to give me additional feedback I would greatly appreciate it!

church2.jpg

tree.jpg

• 4 months later...

A new big update is now up on the workshop!

I've reworked all of the lighting and made alot of gameplay changes to the map.

The gameplay changes included a reworked T-spawn from scratch, a new metro area, a rework of the church, a new A-site and alot of other major stuff. I also added a new connector area from B setup to mid.

Please have a look and I appreciate all the feedback I can get!

de_golden_radar_online.jpg

mid3.jpg

t2.jpg

metro1.jpg

a1.jpg

No crash for me.

Truck on B site have really bad collision model. It's a issue, because it's important object in fights.

20190419225106_1.jpg.73b98d2955050dc831eef50c0bcede9d.jpg

Second thing is not a issue, but it was dissapointing. Jump on railing should be possible.

afadfadaf.jpg.3c82e44befa8cd79824753ba5c2a074a.jpg

I like map, specially B site looks interesting. Good job!

Ok, please tell me if you find a reason for it. Do you need to replace 2 files when you verify integrity of game files under local files in options for cs:go. And does it help to lower the texture quality under video settings in cs:go?

I'm maybe starting to see a pattern.

And thanks for the feedback zombi, will fix the B-truck issue.

• 2 weeks later...

I just released a new update for the map based on feedback from fellow mappers and the community.

Here's a list of some of the changes:

-Improved optimization
-Better clipping
-Slight changes to lighting in certain areas
-Refined the nav-mesh and added callouts
-New custom decals to better fit the theme
-Additional detailing, mainly to the ground surfaces
-Overall polish

-Added better options for grenades between a-long and a, t-mid and middle and from porch (b-setup) to B
-Made the stair in upper metro next to A go one floor higher.
-The bombsites are now more robust
-Replaced the front part of the truck on B due to bad hitboxes
-Tweaked the skybox
-Removed dead space in T-spawn.

And more...

Please have a look and tell me what you think!

The map will be tested on mapcore tonight at 21.00. Let's see what it brings ?

golden_tmid.jpg

golden_upstairs.jpg

golden_along1.jpg

golden_b2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, That50'sGuy said:

To be 100% fair, leaves don't stay green forever after they fall. But I suppose some of them should be green too since it's unlikely that none fell recently.

I decided to remove them a couple of updates ago, they were a bit too autumn brown ?

On 5/9/2019 at 3:46 PM, blackdog said:

Maybe it’s too neutral (washed out) now, but I do love the looks of this map. Nice geometry and balance in every area.

Good job!

Thanks! 

A new update with a new B-site is coming out on the workshop today (hopefully). It has a clearer identity and feels more robust with cleaner angles, I think you will like it! I also made some slighter changes to mid and A. I will let you know again when it's up.