Peace in Korea.

Tisky

I cannot believe What an amazing day for the progress of peace in Korea this is.

According to Swedish media, The DMZ is to become a ’zone of peace’. Familys will be allowed to be re-united. The border will open up for trains and car-traffic. All hostile activity is to cease.

Fuck i hope this is true and that it happens. Seeing Kim-Jong Un and Moon Jae-In cross the border together, holding hands, is amazing and so hopeful. What a day.

(probably NK lost their only reactor for nukes and had to Do this, but hey)

Edited by Tisky

On 27/04/2018 at 7:42 PM, FMPONE said:

And all because North Korea finally built the nukes they’d been working on forever :P

Yeah, I think that all of North Korea's bravado to deter countries from messing with it until completion of nuclear weaponry distracted people from the fact that (along with some other factors) nukes have been very effective at keeping peace in the world between major powers. It's kind of obvious now that with North Korea's status as a nuclear power established they could join the rest of the world as a good nuclear citizen. If small countries like my own can do it then why not North Korea, really?

With that said, clearly I'm highly educated on the mechanics of nuclear proliferation and its inherent dangers, due to me being a Metal Gear Solid fan. However it does seem like it's effective at stopping the all-our wars that might otherwise erupt between militarily powerful countries. Of course, you're really playing with fire if you let every country do this hoping they'll all play by the rules.

Man, can't we just all play video games and be happy?

I’m not sure i trust this, I’m clinching to see a crazy turn of events at some point. Feels like the setup for the Homefront game ?

(of course that won’t happen and hopefully all we end up well)

PS: peace nobel prize nomination for Trump is bonkers

Edited by blackdog

North Korea suspended high-level talks with South Korea and threatened to call off a planned U.S.-North Korean summit in June, citing its objections to military exercises being conducted by the U.S. and South Korea.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/north-korea-warns-military-exercises-imperil-us-summit/ar-AAxkVyc?ocid=ems.display.welcomeexperience&pfr=1

5 hours ago, blackdog said:

North Korea suspended high-level talks with South Korea and threatened to call off a planned U.S.-North Korean summit in June, citing its objections to military exercises being conducted by the U.S. and South Korea.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/north-korea-warns-military-exercises-imperil-us-summit/ar-AAxkVyc?ocid=ems.display.welcomeexperience&pfr=1

It was nice as long as hope where there! Sigh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...