Final Fantasy 7 Remake AKA I'm Buying a Ps4

FMPONE

​Many Final Fantasy games were released between today and FF7, they learned a lot. FF7 is a classic but it doesn't necessarily hold up today, a facelift and gameplay tweaks this could be huge.I'm not too much of a turn based games fan, but if this is well done, I might pick it up. (Never finished FF7 back in the day)

To be honest, my biggest worry with this remake is it will apply what they've "learned" to it and it'll be sad times for all. Final Fantasy 13, where you ran down a linear corridor mashing auto-battle, was the first Final Fantasy I returned. And I'm not interested in the new J-pop boy band one at all.

I'm pretty hype for this. But I'm trying to contain myself until there's some gameplay footage, or they show what's left of the materia system, or there's a high definition image of Cloud in a dress.

Edited by Taylor

Can this game alone expand the PS4 base by some millions of units? I think yes.

If they are remaking and not just porting, they can remove loading screens, make all battles skip the screen flash effect and even make the whole world load seamlessly without having to resort to world map with miniature locations scattered through the map. And rebalance the whole game: damage caps, curses, life, etc.

F! Ye...aw! reaction.

• 4 years later...
4 hours ago, ElectroSheep said:

Big bird... please they are called Chocobos ?

Aye, that's what they were called in FF15, right?

Which is also something that I never understood with this franchise, every game exists in its own enclosed universe, but they do share some commonalities? How does that work?

Yeah there is no link between the games except the bestiary and sometimes character names. It's the same with Zelda and Breath of Fire for example.

Chocobos are a mascotte to the serie but are considered like horses (you even have chocobo races haha).

And about the talking wolf, he is my favorite character of the serie ^^