MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

'RZL

15 hours ago, 'RZL said:

Today marks my three year anniversary of hosting playtests for MapCore. I think this is a good time for me to go into retirement and hand the organization over to a suitable successor.

And the successor is @Terri (with @rosk as his assistant)! He'll be in charge of everything from now on so if you got any questions or requests feel free to contact him from now on.

Cheers!

I would like to thank you for your diligent work hosting the server. You have been very generous and patient and I am certain a lot of Mapcore mappers are very thankful for your service. I know I am!

I wish pitrd's golden pearl of splendor was still a thing (OG mapcorians will know what I mean), but in lieu of that I think you deserve a shiny CS:GO service medal! :D 

latest?cb=20151209161155

Furthermore, I would like to welcome Terri & Rosk to the position! Thank you for helping the community out! Let me know if you need anything related to the server now that RZL is retired and I'll sort it out for you. :)

Over the last four years the accumulated bill for the CS:GO & TS server is around a thousand buckaroos and while I don't mind footing it, if you want to pitch it you may do so here: http://clients.fragnet.net/grouppay.php?hash=69d41-ab438-39b58-4766e-5d6e7-5bf75-51

Glory to Hurg!

• 2 weeks later...

If I am still in graybox stage and one part of my map is on a hill and I want my map to be accepted for mapcore playtesting, should I make it simple from normal brushes or do I have to use displacements (even though I will later on try to do them with 3d modelling program)?

Edited by RealaxFourX

1 hour ago, RealaxFourX said:

If I am still in graybox stage and one part of my map is on a hill and I want my map to be accepted for mapcore playtesting, should I make it simple from normal brushes or do I have to use displacements (even though I will later on try to do them with 3d modelling program)?

It won't matter how the hill is made, just as long as it is smooth to play around and doesn't look too messy visually all should be fine.

1 hour ago, Freaky_Banana said:

Guys, just wanted to say that the server still seems to be running an old version of the game. At least that's what my PC tells me as for why I can't connect.

Just updated! It failed this morning not sure why, Source mod was outdated after this major update, should be back in working order soon

Edited by rosk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, Oskmos said:

Did anyone climb the treehouse (and did it cause rubberbanding?) on the Insertion playtest yesterday?

Also sorry i could not attend the playtest of my own map lol :)

Unfortunately we did not have enough players join to start the match, so we didn't get around to testing that. Since there was no playtest would you like it to be moved to Thursday? :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 'RZL unpinned this topic