Prey

sarge mat

Yeah, it's really up to the player to keep combat interesting. You have a lot of toys to play with, but if you keep doing the same thing then yeah, the combat sucks.

The game does have one of the best realized worlds I've ever seen in a game. The graphics are so so, but the unique art style and original interior design give it a refreshing look. Plus, everything has a logical place making Talos 1 more than a mere game world. It looks and feels like a functional place.

On 5/11/2017 at 3:23 AM, Sprony said:

Yeah, it's really up to the player to keep combat interesting. You have a lot of toys to play with, but if you keep doing the same thing then yeah, the combat sucks.

The game does have one of the best realized worlds I've ever seen in a game. The graphics are so so, but the unique art style and original interior design give it a refreshing look. Plus, everything has a logical place making Talos 1 more than a mere game world. It looks and feels like a functional place.

Revising my early take on this.

It cooks up, it heats up. This game gets going big time. This is a fucking game.

Man... the first hour of this game is a trip! The second the game and the story "clicks" in your head is a great little moment.

Also, I didn't know this was going to be a spiritual sucessor to Bioshock/SS2 to this level, it's basically the same formula and that makes me soooo god damn happy! :D

Really loving the game, combat's mediocre so far, but I'd say as a whole package the game really delivers! So far, it's been impressing me in a lot of ways, maybe the environment art isn't exactly blowing my socks off but it does it's job.

So far, it definitely gets my recommendation, Bethesda delivers once again, I love these kind of games man.

I picked up this game yesterday and it's sick. It's everything I wanted from a AAA production. Love the architecture, love the themes, loved the intro. It's really what I was hoping Dishonored 2 would be I guess.

On 5/12/2017 at 6:52 PM, [HP] said:

Really loving the game, combat's mediocre so far, but I'd say as a whole package the game really delivers!

I personally really like how combat is structured. Even on normal enemies are hard to kill, so you have to find ways around to kill them. I usually sneak up on them from behind with a shotgun and unload in stealth for the bonus damage, but sometimes even that isn't enough. I've also used turret setups to bait enemies to attack me only to get destroyed by the turret. It's more of a puzzle than going straight into it guns blazing, which is much much better than any other shooter game where combat is one dimensional.

I'm not too sure about the enemies running from you at low health, but at the same time it does add another layer of tension while you try and figure where they went so you can finish them off.

1 hour ago, Sentura said:

I picked up this game yesterday and it's sick. It's everything I wanted from a AAA production. Love the architecture, love the themes, loved the intro. It's really what I was hoping Dishonored 2 would be I guess.

I personally really like how combat is structured. Even on normal enemies are hard to kill, so you have to find ways around to kill them. I usually sneak up on them from behind with a shotgun and unload in stealth for the bonus damage, but sometimes even that isn't enough. I've also used turret setups to bait enemies to attack me only to get destroyed by the turret. It's more of a puzzle than going straight into it guns blazing, which is much much better than any other shooter game where combat is one dimensional.

I'm not too sure about the enemies running from you at low health, but at the same time it does add another layer of tension while you try and figure where they went so you can finish them off.

My criticism of the combat reminds me of all the reasons they cut the water tentacle octopus things from HL2, that they were hard to track because you lose perspective when the tentacle flies at you. The enemies in Prey are just weird to fight, but that definitely has some upsides from a horror perspective