Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

dmu

I just love how "No MP" and "No Micro-transactions" became a selling bulletpoint for a game now, lol.

Hopefully for the best, we'll see, but obviously the discussion around this is mostly around those things and less around the game itself, non surprisingly. I know people who work on this game, this has been in the works for a while now and I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Well being a Respawn game I’m not surprised they managed to carve out a deal allowing them to use whatever engine, I was curious to see if they were still going with their modified Source lol.

Microtransactions I’m more surprised, guess don’t make sense if a game is a SP.

i didn’t follow the announce stream (obvs) only watched the teaser. I like the vibe of undercover Jedi.

Just found these

Oh the character is the Joker from Gotham, that’s why was looking familiar

Edited by blackdog

14 hours ago, [HP] said:

Interesting that they're using UE4 and they're not continuing with their in-house engine.

I believe that they have been planning to switch to UE ever since they started development on Titanfall 3. I believe the story was that the devs were no longer happy with the limits of source, so they decided to use the assets they already created to make a spin off game called Apex Legends.

Anyway, seeing as Respawn is one of the only Triple A's still making non sell out games, hopefully we will see the first good Star Wars game in years.

43 minutes ago, text_fish said:

The teaser doesn't fill me with hope, simply because they seem to be trading off of the IP and the fact that it's single-player. One would assume if there were any exciting gameplay features they would want to make a big deal about those too? 

I hope they convince me of it's potential at E3, as it was confirmed that they'll show more then.

3 hours ago, text_fish said:

The teaser doesn't fill me with hope, simply because they seem to be trading off of the IP and the fact that it's single-player. One would assume if there were any exciting gameplay features they would want to make a big deal about those too? 

I think at the moment, the best way to imagine this is "God of War in space" as the interview I posted makes it sounds like they hired the God of War (2018) director for this purpose, and built a team around him. I don't think GoW had any particular feature, other than a really good and well told story (if I'm wrong apologies, don't have a PS4).

Considering GoW was the 2018 GOTY they seem set up for success.

9 hours ago, blackdog said:

I think at the moment, the best way to imagine this is "God of War in space" as the interview I posted makes it sounds like they hired the God of War (2018) director for this purpose, and built a team around him. I don't think GoW had any particular feature, other than a really good and well told story (if I'm wrong apologies, don't have a PS4).

Considering GoW was the 2018 GOTY they seem set up for success.

You are confusing Cory Barlog and Stig Asmussen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2019 at 5:18 AM, DMU222 said:

I believe that they have been planning to switch to UE ever since they started development on Titanfall 3. I believe the story was that the devs were no longer happy with the limits of source, so they decided to use the assets they already created to make a spin off game called Apex Legends.

Anyway, seeing as Respawn is one of the only Triple A's still making non sell out games, hopefully we will see the first good Star Wars game in years.

False on that. Apex Legends is still on their super modified Source Engine. The TF team iterate super fast on that, especially the designers.

The Star Wars team I'm on is a totally separate team, and yeah, they picked UE4 super early on. They really leave the engine choice up to the individual teams. There's three teams in the studio right now, the Apex Legends team (same peeps from TF1/TF2), Star Wars team (entirely new team built by Stig) and VR team (new team as well).

But yeah, stay tuned for E3 for more :P. Given that we were revealing at SW Celebration, made more sense to show a story-focused trailer rather than gameplay.

I ended up working on a lot of the reveal trailer shots as well! Can see a bunch here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3oeOvE 

We have Alf-Life/Martin Badowsky from here on the team as well! Ended up being able to work a level together early on in production :).

_JFO_Trailer03.jpg

Edited by deceiver