Jump to content
'RZL

MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

Recommended Posts

The server's disappeared from my favourites list and when I try adding the IP address again nothing comes up. Anyone know what the problem might be?

At the last playtest the ip was 94.250.201.180:27016
(same ip but port is 27016 instead of 27015)
I dont know why it was not changed in the first post
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the last playtest the ip was 94.250.201.180:27016
(same ip but port is 27016 instead of 27015)
I dont know why it was not changed in the first post

Thanks for bringing it up! The port must have changed by accident. It's back to 27015 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just know that in my map submission I added a _ in my name cause I thought I had to put my steam name. My mapcore name is RedHawk, as you can already clearly see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just know that in my map submission I added a _ in my name cause I thought I had to put my steam name. My mapcore name is RedHawk, as you can already clearly see

Haha, alright man, I fixed it in your submission.

EDIT: Also, you should be able to create a MapCore thread for your map now. Which I highly recommend!

 

Edited by 'RZL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha, alright man, I fixed it in your submission.

EDIT: Also, you should be able to create a MapCore thread for your map now. Which I highly recommend!

 

Okay, yep done. Was I not able to post a topic before I posted a reply? Anyways thanks for editing my name and if you could add the mapcore thread link too that´d be great. https://www.mapcore.org/topic/19969-csgo-de_fabric-map/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick notification,

You know I submitted my map last weekend if it could get playtested and you have been very kind updating my info but I requested it be playtested tomorrow and I saw it could take 24 hours to decide wether a map will be playtested or nor and it already been like 4 days :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedHawk said:

Just a quick notification,

You know I submitted my map last weekend if it could get playtested and you have been very kind updating my info but I requested it be playtested tomorrow and I saw it could take 24 hours to decide wether a map will be playtested or nor and it already been like 4 days :/

I've just went around your map and noticed that your radar does not work for all the Z coordinates. It looks like the lower layer of your radar was not included in the bsp. This maybe a problem with the workshop publisher, as it may only fetch one dds file. Another simple fix is making sure that all Tspawns are in the right location (not on the bottom of the skybox). I would also recommend removing many of the doors which you have in your map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MaanMan said:

I've just went around your map and noticed that your radar does not work for all the Z coordinates. It looks like the lower layer of your radar was not included in the bsp. This maybe a problem with the workshop publisher, as it may only fetch one dds file. Another simple fix is making sure that all Tspawns are in the right location (not on the bottom of the skybox). I would also recommend removing many of the doors which you have in your map.

Yes, the radar issue I found out today. I used to have only one level radar and just today I updated it to a multi-level radar. For me it works just fine but when I invited a friend to see the map he could only see one level. It´s probably the problem you pointed out too. Is there anyway to get it to pick up the two .dds files? As for the Tspawns they are all in the right position and I myself have also noticed that sometimes you spawn under the map. And is 3 doors too much for you?

Also I used to have a working .nav file but idk why when I updated the map today all the callouts were gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

Yes, the radar issue I found out today. I used to have only one level radar and just today I updated it to a multi-level radar. For me it works just fine but when I invited a friend to see the map he could only see one level. It´s probably the problem you pointed out too. Is there anyway to get it to pick up the two .dds files? As for the Tspawns they are all in the right position and I myself have also noticed that sometimes you spawn under the map. And is 3 doors too much for you?

Also I used to have a working .nav file but idk why when I updated the map today all the callouts were gone.

As far as I know there is no trick to get the workshop publisher to pack two dds files. We most likely have to wait for valve to patch it in. In the mean time you can pack the radar into the bsp using PackRat or Vide.

With the doors you actual have four doors. Two of these doors lead into same small room. For most maps doors open at a speed of 200 (this is off the top of my head) while yours open something around 100. While doors can make a space feel more realistic, they are usually not very good for gameplay. 
 

As for the callouts on the nav file it is possible that you generated a new nav file when updating the map. Check the previous nav files and see if any of them still have your callouts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MaanMan said:

As far as I know there is no trick to get the workshop publisher to pack two dds files. We most likely have to wait for valve to patch it in. In the mean time you can pack the radar into the bsp using PackRat or Vide.

With the doors you actual have four doors. Two of these doors lead into same small room. For most maps doors open at a speed of 200 (this is off the top of my head) while yours open something around 100. While doors can make a space feel more realistic, they are usually not very good for gameplay. 
 

As for the callouts on the nav file it is possible that you generated a new nav file when updating the map. Check the previous nav files and see if any of them still have your callouts. 

okay, thanks. I´ll try to have the radar packed into the .bsp and add the .nav file to the map before the playtest tomorrow (supposing it does get playtested)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there room for spectators during the test? I'm at home for Easter so no PC, not sure how my laptop will handle playing CSGO but I'm sure it'd be useful if I was able to turn up to my map even if just spectating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PSA: NEW SERVER

Since we've had some problems with our server provider, we decided to change the provider.

The new server is hosted by Fragnet in Stockholm, Sweden. Make sure to add it to your favorites in CS:GO for easy access.

New IP: 185.62.204.12:27035

Correction: The server is located in Frankfurt, Germany.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...