'RZL

MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

Hi!

My map got rejected because of spawns, apparently?

I just double checked and my map has 10 working spawnpoints for each team. Can you check again or clarify if there's another problem?

@Jayslash Spawns need to be a certain distance above the ground. If they sit directly on top of a world brush they can bug out and fail to work. Easiest way to do this is to just make sure they're at least 32-64 units above the ground.

You can also compliment the map with a .kv file which allows you to dictate how many players can be on the map (regardless of spawns), including spectator spots and team factions.

I didn't check the map to know what was the cause for rejection, but if you think you have them, and the map inspector doesn't think you did, this could be the problem.

have you flooded the spawns with bots or did you just count them in hammer and compile? :)

@Jayslash Spawns need to be a certain distance above the ground. If they sit directly on top of a world brush they can bug out and fail to work. Easiest way to do this is to just make sure they're at least 32-64 units above the ground.

You can also compliment the map with a .kv file which allows you to dictate how many players can be on the map (regardless of spawns), including spectator spots and team factions.

I didn't check the map to know what was the cause for rejection, but if you think you have them, and the map inspector doesn't think you did, this could be the problem.

I spammed bot_add until I had 10 players on each side. I also restarted the match to make sure that they were spawning from different spawnpoints. I used the map_showspawnpoints command to check that all spawnpoints were green. All spawnpoints are 32 units above ground. I also haven't changed the spawns since the last time the map was playtested here.

Hi!

My map got rejected because of spawns, apparently?

I just double checked and my map has 10 working spawnpoints for each team. Can you check again or clarify if there's another problem?

Sorry about that, its been fixed now.

If you only have one filled spot for tommorow, would it be possible to fill in the open spot with my map?

(the railings are fixed)

Please take more time to go over your previous playtest.

Please take more time to go over your previous playtest.

While I didn't get much negative feedback ( and some I don't understand @Vaya: "chokes are too straight. Cts get so much info so easy")
I worked on the points of feedback I got and now i'm just doing some random rough brushwork.

I'm still not sure if the layout is okay, cause I didn't get a lot of fb about that.
Now I see there is still a spot empty for tommorow, and I'm curious how it is filled.

@Tomato

If you do not understand or did not receive enough feedback on a playtest, take it upon yourself to receive explanations and more feedback from players in the playtest. If you still feel that it was not enough, analysis and extrapolate data from the demo.

1000px-CPT-SystemLifeSycle.svg.thumb.png 

Edited by MaanMan

@Tomato

If you do not understand or did not receive enough feedback on a playtest, take it upon yourself to receive explanations and more feedback from players in the playtest. If you still feel that it was not enough, analysis and extrapolate data from the demo.

1000px-CPT-SystemLifeSycle.svg.thumb.png 

That spiral model keeps stalking me. :P
Well I'll have another look at the demo and try to find some new angles and things to work with.

The one thing that bugged me was the pushing CT's, but that could be caused by the 10 vs 10 instead of a 5 vs 5, I'm not sure.