Mazy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh shit. :XD:

Some Twitter reactions to the footage:

Demo of "Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes", started w cutscene (all realtime), went into gameplay, open world, night, raining, base. AMAZING

Snake crawled @ avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in heli for evac. Sounds like MG, but the scale & atmosphere... Wow.

l_503f168c26e86.jpg

I kind of suspect it won't be literally open world though, more that the engine can now handle extremely expansive areas. I just don't see Kojima giving up his scripting control by letting you craft your own course. That's a good thing though, MGS3 and MGS4 already took the series quite far in that direction by letting you take multiple routes (skipping entire areas in favour of others) and having pretty damn big sandbox areas.

What?! Another MGS game?! Hell yeah!

Is this another half-assed PSP game? I want another AAA MGS for my PS3.

Judging from Snakes outfit and look of the tech, this is could be set in the 80's when he created his own army or even after (Therefor a straight sequel to MGS3's events, which is what Peace Walked is, but tbh I hated that game)

MGS1 story is set in 2005, I would love to play a MGS game where you play in the 90's, when Snake fights his first war in the Gulf and then proceeds to kill Big Boss in Zanzibar, and fights Frank Jagger (Gray Fox, the ninja from MGS1) before he's turned into that exoskeleton suit, they were actually friends but fighting in different sides.

In fact, if you think for a minute, "Ground Zeroes" probably means what it means, where it all began, Big Bosse's clones. This could probably be the very early story of Snake when he was young (and most likely the other clones, liquid and solidus)

Oh my god... the excitement!!!! I'm genuinely stoked and excited about this, this is my favourite franchise ever!