Day of Infamy Mapping Contest Discussion

Sprony

• Sprony pinned this topic

Check out the skd_coop.txt file in the ...steamapps\common\dayofinfamy\sdk_content\maps\example folder.  It has several script commands you can use to modify bot behavior.  I'll talk to our programmer, if there's a method to implement any of these for pvp modes.

Assign a team number to nbot_cover entities.  They're very cheap, so use as many as can.

*Right now, those coop scripts will not work for pvp modes.  

Edited by Chief-C

I received several messages about how to test game modes locally. 
If you type in console "mp_minteamplayers 0" The round will start and you can test your objectives.

However, if you also want to test the radio objectives in Frontline and Offensive you need to add a few bots. First, create a navmesh, you can just auto-generate the nav. Be aware without a nav, bots won't spawn. Once you have added the nav to your map, you can type in console "ins_bot_quota 4" to spawn 4 bots on each faction at the beginning of the round. If you have any further questions feel free to post them here and keep up the great work!

40 minutes ago, zastels said:

I'm noticing in DOI because I use heavy fog, I have some fire particles display through the fog clearly, was wondering if anyone knew of a solution to blur or fade out particles?

Also I was able to resolve the ambient_generic issue where no sounds could be heard. The max volume of 10 is not very loud at all, and you can stack the ambient_generic to increase the volume. Also the max audible distance is not very easy to use for it uses a linear equation you cannot see, and you need to go far beyond the range you would normally go in order to achieve results.

Make sure "start silence" flag is not ticked. Also sometimes you need to trigger ambient_generic to make it work.

Hey folks,

So I'm working on a generally open, flat-ish map (given the location, it's done that way on purpose). I've added some environmental fog, similar to Dog Red, but the bots seem to have a view distance beyond what the player can reasonably see through the fog.

Is there something I can add to the map to control this behavior a bit? I like the distance the fog is at now, as it gives a good view for the player, without revealing the entire map.

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.