UNREA1

[CS:GO] AS_Evac & VIP mode (WIP)

5 hours ago, blackdog said:

Yeah that makes sense, I just thought might be boring for the VIP player as they might spend lots of time in spectator.

Cant really talk without trying. You clearly have given lots of thought to this so best of luck in debugging it and getting it out :)

Not sure if I understand exactly what you mean, because if anything I think the VIP might be the person who gets to spectate less in a round in most situations. You see, if the VIP gets downed (loses all his 150HP) other CTs will have 30 sec to pick him up or VIP will bleed out and the round will end. Whereas another random CT when he dies he'll have to spectate however long the round lasts because him dieing doesn't change anything.

Apreciate your comments @blackdog, thanks!

5 hours ago, fewseb said:

One would assume the VIP is randomly selected every round, would suck to be the gimped player every round.

Yes, the VIP is selected at random at the begining of each round.

We also included a little extra QoL thing, that allows a CT to claim VIP from a bot if one happens to be select to be VIP, similar to how you can take a bomb from a bot in Bomb Defusal maps. Thought about doing this because we can't possibly teach bots how to play the mode, and even tho there's things that can be done optimize their play, ultimately bots are random, and if there's no bombsites or hostages they just do w/e the F they want. So instead of wasting time trying to pretend bots know how to play, we just accepted this is a mode, and somethings just can't be done without propper tools so we just focused on making the player experience better. Both of these features (being able to pickup the VIPs body and being able to claim VIP from bots) work towards making playing with bots still an enjoyable experience, even if they don't really know what to do.

Thanks!

Aight, life took an unexpected turn again but I'm back at it.

Here's the workshop link for the map: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1856409981

100_0003.jpg.807b3ad7c0eabfd1ed2177e1702a13f0.jpg

In the meantime I've made some significant changes that we thought were needed but I'm pretty confortable with where the layout is atm, so I just put it on the Workshop. We're looking to arrange a community playtest next weekend (probably saturday), if you'd like to join HMU.

I've also started investing more time into the art department but that is going stay hidden for a little longer.

Hello again. Thought it would be a good idea to report that the playtest happened on friday 13th. It went pretty well I would say, a lot of people joined to play/watch the 8v8 Assassination match. Teams weren't exactly balanced from the start but it became very clear we still have a few balancing problems we need to tackle and some layout issues to solve. We have collected a lot of valuable feedback, mostly related to the level and some related to the gamemode.

We have compiled a MASSIVE list of changes that we'll be including in the next update, and we hope to submit it for another playtest some time soon. Won't give ETA as I am an incompetent lazy monkey.

Some of the changes might be:

• 200HP VIP
  • VIP gets riot shield
  • Helicopter has 3 entrances instead of just one in the back
  • Better UI

...along with all the possible level improvements that were suggested.

I didn't record this video to post it here, but I figured I might as well show what I've been doing since the playtest. Already edited the helicopter, now has 3 entrances, and we've even made some fancy graphics for entrances (team specific too!) and a pseudo HUD for the VIP (still WIP so if you have any ideas please do share, I'm not a UI designer(yet!!)).

And might as well take this oportunity to thank every Mapcore member that joined the playtest, it was great and we loved doing it! We hope to have you again next time for an even better, solid experience! ❤️

Very good work with that UI, though maybe it could be subtler? I know this is a custom gamemode and because of that their are restrictions to what you can do, but on regular gamemodes the UI isnt so up in your face, maybe remove the glow on the VIP ui and make the escape zone UI less "glowey"

still excited to see this released though, keep it up.