Jump to content
Sprony

Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 17-4-2016 at 4:26 PM, Conrad Justin said:

About using content: I had The idea and first sketches for my map DM-Broken back in December 2015. This are custom models and textures. The first version I released one week ago (09.04.2016).Map is new and it's not finished nor ready for gameplay, just for testing. Could I present this map as an entry for the competition? Here is the map's link:https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/showthread.php?21864-DM_Broken

I admit it wasn't designed with this contest in mind in a first place.

If that's not possible I would want to know whether I could use models I have designed and created for that map.

You can use any and all assets you've previously made. Because it would be unfair not to allow that. There's no difference in using assets made Epic, buying them from the marketplace or using your own portfolio. In regards to the map, it has to be specifically made for this contest. Otherwise it would be unfair to other contestants. We want everybody to have a level playing field. We can't of course, check people's computers, but since yours has been posted online already, we would not allow that same layout to reappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this question has been asked before (I only checked the FAQ regarding this) - As an unexperienced UT player/developer I doubt that I can create a SOLID design during the first phase. Is it allowed to submit the first design iteration by May 2nd and change parts of it during phase #2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, poLemin said:

Sorry if this question has been asked before (I only checked the FAQ regarding this) - As an unexperienced UT player/developer I doubt that I can create a SOLID design during the first phase. Is it allowed to submit the first design iteration by May 2nd and change parts of it during phase #2?

Hey @poLemin

I'm almost in the same situation as you are on the editing side, but once you pass the interface learning curve, the editor is pretty straight forward. :)

Good luck.

 

Edited by =Orion=

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not Maya, my picture is in fact Blender.

 

I've been working on this slowly and surely, and having basic BLENDER 'brushes' helps because they're more concise than Unreal BSP I find, easier to change, and can just be swapped for more final-looking modular assets. As of this phase, it's really about the layout, but if it can be engrossing to look at as well as play, than more power to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ShadesMaster said:

Not Maya, my picture is in fact Blender.

 

I've been working on this slowly and surely, and having basic BLENDER 'brushes' helps because they're more concise than Unreal BSP I find, easier to change, and can just be swapped for more final-looking modular assets. As of this phase, it's really about the layout, but if it can be engrossing to look at as well as play, than more power to it.

I second this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I've been working a little bit on a map on what little free time I have and now I feel like I will soon need help with play-testing to see if how I need to change my placements. Do you guys have any idea if there are any communities where you could get such help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Fred82 said:

Hi, I've been working a little bit on a map on what little free time I have and now I feel like I will soon need help with play-testing to see if how I need to change my placements. Do you guys have any idea if there are any communities where you could get such help?

All Phase 1 entries will be playtested by Epic so you have that. I'm not aware of any UT playtest communities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sprony said:

All Phase 1 entries will be playtested by Epic so you have that. I'm not aware of any UT playtest communities.

Hmm, that sounds very disadvantageous. So there is no way of trying your map with other players before you have to submit it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Fred82 said:

Hmm, that sounds very disadvantageous. So there is no way of trying your map with other players before you have to submit it?

That's not what I'm saying, But the power of Google led me to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...