Sprony

Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

25 minutes ago, Vilham said:

Sprony we allowed multiple entries at all? Going to try to fix my current layout, and then try another that has a similar theme but smaller spaces.

You haven't submitted anything yet and you still have +2 weeks to either fix it or make a new version. As long as you submit it before May 2nd it doesn't matter how many you've made.

Or do you mean submitting layout 1 for Phase one and come up with layout 2 in Phase 2?

Hey everybody.. I'm brand new here.. literally just signed up. I'm going to do my best to take part in this competition.

I was looking around for an answer to my question but couldn't find anything. What has to be included in the level? I was wondering if someone could list these out for me.

Much appreciated!

5 minutes ago, BRANDOOM said:

Hey everybody.. I'm brand new here.. literally just signed up. I'm going to do my best to take part in this competition.

I was looking around for an answer to my question but couldn't find anything. What has to be included in the level? I was wondering if someone could list these out for me.

Much appreciated!

what you need should be in here,   https://www.dropbox.com/s/fkc1hweebknvlyr/Showdown.pdf?dl=0 

Installing everything now, was building a map for the Mayann TF2 project, but source forces me to build the entire gamemode from the ground up, and. I'm not doing that.

Hey guys!! I finished blocking out my map but I'll change many things later like adding (rocks,trees etc) or changing size of some houses in my map and also I'll change some pickup placements (or add extra pickups) . 

So should I submit it now for phase 1 and then can I change things that can affect gameplay later? Is it alright? 

Phase 2 result might be different then phase 1?

Hi! Thanks for response Sprony! Sorry, I didn't see that thingy in the right upper corner before! I know these are honest rules but the designer could possibly buy models that would make his/her map stand out more and therefore it would win which doesn't seem fair. I also realize judges would take this into consideration and would react properly if someone would try to buy someone else's content to make new map.

About using content: I had The idea and first sketches for my map DM-Broken back in December 2015. This are custom models and textures. The first version I released one week ago (09.04.2016).Map is new and it's not finished nor ready for gameplay, just for testing. Could I present this map as an entry for the competition? Here is the map's link:https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/showthread.php?21864-DM_Broken

I admit it wasn't designed with this contest in mind in a first place.

If that's not possible I would want to know whether I could use models I have designed and created for that map.

Edited by Conrad Justin

1 hour ago, kunalht said:

Hey guys!! I finished blocking out my map but I'll change many things later like adding (rocks,trees etc) or changing size of some houses in my map and also I'll change some pickup placements (or add extra pickups) . 

So should I submit it now for phase 1 and then can I change things that can affect gameplay later? Is it alright? 

Phase 2 result might be different then phase 1?

Levels never stop changing, the idea phase 1 is to allow you to share your design if an artist wants to help,  you can start detailing when ever you like. 

Hey all,

I have 2 questions.

1. I made a simple elevator with a TriggerBox calling a matinee animation and it works, but how do I make that TriggerBox work multiple times? Right now, it only work once.

2. I generated LightMaps from blender for my static meshes, but It seems, when I bake in the editor, that some triangles are inverted and makes them look white when they're supposed to be black (vice versa). How do I correct this?

Thx.

Edited by =Orion=

Hey all, I've created a thread in the 3D section for my submission, will flesh the thread out more once I get my replacement scanner tomorrow (hopefully) as I have a load of sketches from my graph book, will also dump images there as I progress and iterate.

https://www.mapcore.org/topic/20076-tsd-metro-ut4-contest-wip/

1 hour ago, =Orion= said:

Hey all,

1. I made a simple elevator with a TriggerBox calling a matinee animation and it works, but how do I make that TriggerBox work multiple times? Right now, it only work once.

Hi Orion, to save you some time, search for GenericLift and drag that into your map. It is in the Modes menu. It's an elevator blueprint that has all this worked out already. From there you can change the mesh, material, lift time, velocity curve, and more.