Epic Games & MapCore's Unreal Tournament Level Design Contest Discussion

11 hours ago, blackdog said:

@Sprony how much the basic layout can change from first deadline through the second phase? (Assuming to get through)

Havent had time to try anything until now, will try to get something down during this week.

It depends really. There's not a set limit and there's certainly room to change, but it has to be the same map and not completely something else.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, 2d-chris said:

@blackdog here you go, I'm going to be working on this for a while so probably won't get the entire thing done before the phase 1 ends, so here is the first 3 hours. Final video I will probably give some commentary and music goodness, at this rate it will be about 4-6 hours of video at this speed. 

Presenting, the birth of ctf-mattdamon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzw7AWhCJjc

Just wanted to thank you for posting this @2d-chris - I went back and restarted my whitebox and was able to accomplish the same amount of progress in 2 hours as I had previously done over 4-5. Still figuring out how best to combine the subtractive/additive methods. But your video has been informative. Thanks!

On 4/25/2016 at 2:09 AM, NATO said:

3 hours ago, Mangley said:

Hey everyone!

Hope this is the right place to put this. I just started my WIP thread for my submission on the UT forums here: https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/forums/showthread.php?23764-DM-Oxide-TSD-Mapcore-Contest-Entry&p=238951#post238951

Don't forget to submit the maps on time in this thread

1 hour ago, clankill3r said:

Damnit, I just moved to another house and I have no internet. I only saw about the contest today :( Which is a bit late.

I've made a complete ctf shell in a little over a week ;) you can do it. I did 3 hours a day, everyday. The real hard work will be the meshing, now that takes time. 

Just a question regarding the Showdown game type -- is there any kind of requirement that every weapon be available in the level, or can a weapon have a select set of weapons that the creator feels better matches the level in the showdown gametype?

On 4/21/2016 at 3:42 AM, 2d-chris said:

@blackdog here you go, I'm going to be working on this for a while so probably won't get the entire thing done before the phase 1 ends, so here is the first 3 hours. Final video I will probably give some commentary and music goodness, at this rate it will be about 4-6 hours of video at this speed. 

Presenting, the birth of ctf-mattdamon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzw7AWhCJjc

Yeah I've actually just gone back and done this myself @Sigma Although I was enjoying the approach I was taking, I've managed to achieve a much better whitebox by using subtractive design, will be updating my thread and submitting my submission asap.

8 hours ago, Sigma said:

Just a question regarding the Showdown game type -- is there any kind of requirement that every weapon be available in the level, or can a weapon have a select set of weapons that the creator feels better matches the level in the showdown gametype?

Experiment, not every level needs every weapon/pickup 

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.