'Paradise'

knj

It was never a secret a sequel was in the works. I can't say Im too pleased with the whole idea of involving a god in the movie, our "makers". But I guess the Aliens universe had to evolve somewhere, I just hope it's not one of those religion vs science shit movies again.

I'm more than ok with the Aliens being just a really nasty space parasite.

Even though I liked a lot of Prometheus (though I disliked more of it), then I'd say I'm extremely sceptical about a sequel. Honestly then I'd much rather see him do a new sci-fi film with a simple plot and message instead of trying to tell too much, and then just go to town when designing the vision and look of that world, that's what he does best.

Yeah, that link is awesome. Prometheus is a clusterfuck of bad storytelling, unless it all makes sense in the sequel, which would be pretty faggotish of them.

I've seen the movie twice already, and while some things made better sense the second time you see it, I still have no idea what some other things were all about, and I think I can call myself an Aliens nerd. Shit just doesn't add up.

I mean, they do answer a few things, and I actually really love how some plot elements are told to you by very indirect means, it makes you feel smart. But some stuff is just impossible to figure out.

And don't get me started on the characters. The Crew has no idea what their in for until they actually get there? Srsly? Also, the guy with all the nice maps and flying drones is the one who gets lost in the maze? He of all people?

Vickis death was so stupid I can't get my head around it.

Oh well... If you manage to ignore all the little stupid plot holes and just plain stupid writing, it IS one hell of a badass movie, or I think it is cos I really wanna like this movie :(

' timestamp='1357271911' post='320261']it IS one hell of a badass movie, or I think it is cos I really wanna like this movie :(

This is how I feel about the film. I WANT to enjoy it but I just can't help but pick holes in it. The bit where they are running away from the giant rolling ship makes me cringe each time....... Just...... Fuckin.... Step to the side......

This is also an interesting read

http://www.filmschoo...ntary-kcarr.php

21. Lindelof says Holloway gave Shaw “probably the worst STD you can possibly get, an alien in the belly.” What emerges is progenitor of the facehugger, and he says, “Shaw and Holloway are kind of that facehugger’s mommy and daddy.” Spaihts also independently calls the alien embryo a sexually transmitted disease, adding, “A chestburster was actually conceived by the love of a man and a woman.”

Man, that's so awesome if it was in the movie. Prometheus could have been the best movie of the last 10 years.

lindehof sounds like the biggest douchebag out there. from all of these i can only infer that he ruined the movie intentionally because he wants to be (and is) pretentious.

Does Damon Lindelof come off as pretentious? Sure, but at least he admits it.

so if a murderer admits he murders people, does it mean it's okay?

Edited by Sentura

• 2 months later...