Deus Ex 3

kleinluka

One thing I'm disliking is the imbalance between non-lethal ammo types. I have a truckload of stun-darts for the stun rifle, a couple charges for the pep-gun and my prized handful of the rarest kind of stun-gun charges. It's not much of an issue since I tend to use the sneaky takedowns most of the time, but the rare availability of stun gun ammo made me definitely adapt my tactics.

Not sure if the real weapons are this bad since I always seem to find plenty of ammunition around.

the 9mm ammo is extremely rare in the second part of the game, making it impossible to finish the game with only that gun (particularly with bosses being the bitchy ones they are)

One thing I'm disliking is the imbalance between non-lethal ammo types. I have a truckload of stun-darts for the stun rifle, a couple charges for the pep-gun and my prized handful of the rarest kind of stun-gun charges. It's not much of an issue since I tend to use the sneaky takedowns most of the time, but the rare availability of stun gun ammo made me definitely adapt my tactics.

Not sure if the real weapons are this bad since I always seem to find plenty of ammunition around.

the 9mm ammo is extremely rare in the second part of the game, making it impossible to finish the game with only that gun (particularly with bosses being the bitchy ones they are)

I think you're just not exploring enough :P. By the end of the game, since I explored and hacked everything, I had so much ammo for everything (and money, and XP!), non-lethal and lethal weapons, my inventory was always full! For the stun gun and PEPS gun (such a satisfying non-lethal weapon btw :P), I must have had 30-40 rounds for each at any time towards the end. Same for the 9mm Furyo, always had between 100-200 rounds in bank all throughout the game. Exploring every nook and cranny really has its benefits heh.

I think you're just not exploring enough :P.

I search every corner I can get to. I'm playing with all visual cues off (so no object highlight) as well as on the "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty. I'm not sure if the latter alters the ammo availability, but sometimes I can walk right past some ammo just because they aren't highlighted =/ but that was my choice and I'm enjoying the game either way \o/

I think you're just not exploring enough :P. By the end of the game, since I explored and hacked everything, I had so much ammo for everything (and money, and XP!), non-lethal and lethal weapons, my inventory was always full! For the stun gun and PEPS gun (such a satisfying non-lethal weapon btw :P), I must have had 30-40 rounds for each at any time towards the end. Same for the 9mm Furyo, always had between 100-200 rounds in bank all throughout the game. Exploring every nook and cranny really has its benefits heh.

Edit: If you keep on using the 9mm and only that gun for the entire game, you will run out of ammo and this specific type of ammo becomes very difficult to obtain since enemies no longer simply have 9mm, and typically require more bullets to kill than they can give you back (armored)

I think you're just not exploring enough :P.

I search every corner I can get to. I'm playing with all visual cues off (so no object highlight) as well as on the "Give me Deus Ex" difficulty. I'm not sure if the latter alters the ammo availability, but sometimes I can walk right past some ammo just because they aren't highlighted =/ but that was my choice and I'm enjoying the game either way \o/

I really wish this game had an in-between highlighting that pointed out smaller objects without overlaying a big obnoxious visual effect over all doors, cardboard boxes, etc. Or at least just just used simple brackets like DX1 did. I instantly went into the options and turned off highlighting when I walked up to my first door and saw the whole thing go yellow checkered.

Just finished it!

I loved after the credits,

Bob Page talking with Megan Reed about the project we all know about, and then BAM DeusEx1 theme stars playing

, I had goosebumps all over!

I had high hopes for this game, but it didn't only beat those expectations, it went way over it. This game, for me, will be remembered as some of the best experience I had with a SP game, right up there along with DeusEx1 and Metal Gear Solid 1.

It's amazing how Eidos Montreal hit the nail on the spot with DX3, and made the perfect game for DeusEx lovers, I can now die in peace.

":2ksc4n03]Just finished it!

I loved after the credits,

Bob Page talking with Megan Reed about the project we all know about, and then BAM DeusEx1 theme stars playing

, I had goosebumps all over!

Yeah totally.

I wish there was more links to the original Deus Ex characters. I guess that's the problem of doing an awesome prequel to an awesome game, you end up wishing that they'd merge even more. In general I wish there had been even more conspiracy talk in HR, really loved that in the original it just felt like the plot kept on unraveling throughout the game, and it was only towards the end that it would stop having more secrets. But then there's also the thing of not expecting it when you started out playing the first Deus Ex, with this I was paranoid and suspicious of every single thing, so very few things would surprise me. Fairly early on I was thinking that since they mentioned Darrows and his project in the arctic quite often, then there was something more sinister about it

:)

Can't wait to see what they do with a sequel to this~~

A bit annoyed that I played it stealthy the first time through on normal difficulty, since I was planning on going through again and doing more of an actiony approach on hard, but it seems that the values that they scale on difficulty are mainly those effecting combat. Derp :G