Now playing

D3ads

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the Micromania Games Show in Paris this past week end (a very small E3) where I got to play Guitar Hero 2 on stage, as well as Red Steel (Wii), Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii), Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3), Gears of War (X360), R6 Vegas (X360), Splinter Cell Double Agent (X360) and CoD 3 (X360). I was there to showcase Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii) and let fans play it. So I guess I could add that game to the list.

GH2 is simply kick ass, Red Steel isn't finished yet but it's looking promising, Zelda kicks Ocarina of time's butt back in second place of my personal "favorite zelda games of all time" list, VF5 wasn't as visually astonishing as people had made it out to be.

Gears of War lacked a good screen (the thing was of poor quality with terrible contrast settings) and I thought the pad's sensibility was a bit too rough, but I guess I'll get used to it overtime. It really is a good game. R6 Vegas was just pure top notch, the ride in the helicopter overlooking Vegas is a sight for sore eyes in itself.

Splinter Cell was so so, only because for some reason each version lacks something another one has (multiplayer, swimming, etc) so I'm really just looking forward to Assassin's Creed for now, and possible new SC adventures next.

CoD 3 was just another CoD (meaning it's a great SP game but I can't stand the multiplayer)

Edit: Almost forgot, Bully is a good game too :) Think of it as a milder GTA on a campus. Tons of stuff to do, most of which are fun. Not too keen on certain mini games during classes (chemistry being one, as it's a simple QTE sequence)

Edit2:

This is me (on the far left) cheering for Sonic as he tries his hand(s) on Rayman :)

And this is the storm troopers having a go at it too (me being behind the camera) :)

Mikey, Fletch, Algor, and 2 other guys from work and myself traded off playing 4 person Marvel Ultimate Alliance last night. It was quite fun, though annoying at some parts: One boss required you to lure explosive enemies into the a teleporter, though the thing is, with 4 people they never get close to the teleporter and would explode rather away from it. It took more than 20 minutes on that boss until it randomly decided to walk those enemies into the teleporter itself and end the battle.

Also explosive barrels suck. Period. There is nothing like trying to avoid a boss since you are low on health only to have it throw fire in your direction, explode a barrel, and kill you, even though you thought you were out of the barrels radius. :(:cry:

Mikey, Fletch, Algor, and 2 other guys from work and myself traded off playing 4 person Marvel Ultimate Alliance last night. It was quite fun, though annoying at some parts: One boss required you to lure explosive enemies into the a teleporter, though the thing is, with 4 people they never get close to the teleporter and would explode rather away from it. It took more than 20 minutes on that boss until it randomly decided to walk those enemies into the teleporter itself and end the battle.

Also explosive barrels suck. Period. There is nothing like trying to avoid a boss since you are low on health only to have it throw fire in your direction, explode a barrel, and kill you, even though you thought you were out of the barrels radius. :(:cry:

I play as the Human Torch and just light up the entire screen with fire.

Apparently some people find this annoying.