Sign in to follow this  
Thrik

What's the plan for MapCore this year?

Sounds very cool but like...lots of work?! I hope you can find the time and motivation to do all this. I really appreciate everything you do for MapCore. Alone paying the bills for the hosting and maintining the forums as they are justify the donations, but many things have been promised over the past years, so I'll keep my praises for the time afterwards! ;)

Hmm. Sounds like all this fancy stuff could be expensive. Sounds good though! :)

Say, have you ever considered slapping your face to the top of every page each year to secure funding?

I am sure the MapCore community would appreciate this solution. I've only heard good things about other sites doing this.

Hmm. Sounds like all this fancy stuff could be expensive. Sounds good though! :)

Say, have you ever considered slapping your face to the top of every page each year to secure funding?

I am sure the MapCore community would appreciate this solution. I've only heard good things about other sites doing this.

Haha, well MapCore did its first ever donation drive late last year which wasn't quite a Wikipedia-style plea at the top of every page, but it was a global announcement. The total actually ended up being about $700, thank you very much for that guys. :) That is the #1 reason I'm able to purchase the better software and hosting, as before everything came out my pocket which limited how much I could do without saving it up for a while.

I did share in the original thread how much I expected things to cost so this will keep things ticking for a while, but after about a year I would be delighted to do another donation drive if people are willing to help. I know how to do it properly now too so this time Google Checkout won't die in the middle of it haha. :cool: A lot of $10s add up quickly and it all goes back into the site, and I'm determined to show that this year with the stuff I've planned out. :)

Haha, well MapCore did its first ever donation drive late last year which wasn't quite a Wikipedia-style plea at the top of every page, but it was a global announcement. The total actually ended up being about $700, thank you very much for that guys. :) That is the #1 reason I'm able to purchase the better software and hosting, as before everything came out my pocket which limited how much I could do without saving it up for a while.

Yep, I know (donated too!). I'm just kidding. :v

Just say the word Thrik once we're needed. :) Ideally, you should not need to worry about funds imho as you're already investing the time and effort.

Sounds very cool but like...lots of work?! I hope you can find the time and motivation to do all this. I really appreciate everything you do for MapCore. Alone paying the bills for the hosting and maintining the forums as they are justify the donations, but many things have been promised over the past years, so I'll keep my praises for the time afterwards! ;)

aren't you an admin as well

Oh, hi Rick! I thought you had left again (for the 12th time). Yes, I am part of the admin staff, but I know I don't have the time to do the changes mentioned here (aside from the fact that I'm not nearly as skilled as Thrik as far as web development goes). So I know how hard it is and I hope Thrik can pull it off, but he has got a full-time job as well, so yeah...I hope he knows what he's getting himself into! :)

Oh, hi Rick! I thought you had left again (for the 12th time).

i dropped by to call you a lazy nice man. and i typed nice man.

Posted so I can know my join date.

Yeah I'm one of the newborns hehehe here's hoping for many more years when I can be called a veteran!

Sign in to follow this