hdn_resident | 100% custom | still wip

freakadelle

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

undying: i have heard about the name but dont actually know something about it ;)

resident evil: well, ok of course in some details i was inspired by the game but I think that looks different

spiderwebs: already said enough about it ;)

indoor/outdoor: definitely there will be whether one big outdoor area or several small. i dont know yet. desicions about such stuff come up while im mapping. :D

Definately reminds of the RE remake, but that's not a bad thing. I think it could do with some more detail, such as books on the floor, torn bits of wallpaper, perhaps break one of the lampshades too. Lastly I agree that it looks a bit too brown in places, you might want to experiment with the colour a bit. For WIP it looks very snazzy though, good start :)

On the subject of Undying, the game is produced by Clive Barker who created Hellraiser, Candyman and other nasty horror serials. Although it's old (1999), It's still very good, it uses a hub system as you travel around a mansion trying to find out what has happened to the home of a guy who is a friend of yours from the Civil war.

Check this out for more info:

http://www.clivebarker.com/html/visions ... c/undying/

thx for the link and of course for your criticism

but...well, there are books in the map but theyre just in one room at the moment. I will add some more all over the map. be shure about that.

and of course there will be details like riven (?) wallpaper.

but i cant do everything at once :D

that will be the very last tweaking-part

• 5 weeks later...

Awesome, just like the other 2 maps. Unlike all the rest i like the spiderwebs. It looks like ectoplasm from demons (d3 should know what im talking about).

One thing you could improve is there are some really dark rooms in there, with dark brown textures. You might want to create some small piece of contrasting light in those rooms, not to lit up the entire room but just the entrance or exit