De_Forest Released!!

robert.briscoe

I downloaded it and is even better than in the screenshots. I love the river and those flying insects among other things. However CS:S is about a completely different gameplay. This map in a game like America's Army or similar would rock in popularity, no doubt.

I thin kit's nice that he made it a new refreshing kind of gameplay instead of all maps being the same idea in a different theme / layout.

I'm interested to see what maybe a mix or gather on this map wouldd amount to :D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really looks good. But it's not a very good CS map when you think of playability. It's almost impossible to run from one bombsite to another and defuse, if somebody really tries to stop you you have no chance.

But now that we know that you can do such "real" forests with source.. How about a decent vietnam mod? :wink:

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/pinetrees/branch_002a_small.mdl)

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/pinetrees/branch_002a_small.mdl)

[...]

... more and more !

Same thing with the beta.

Maybe there is no way to fix this...

It really looks good. But it's not a very good CS map when you think of playability. It's almost impossible to run from one bombsite to another and defuse, if somebody really tries to stop you you have no chance.

You have to extend the C4 Timer. With Mani Admin, you can even create a specific CFG file to only extend the C4 timer for this map only.

any server admin can easily change the c4 timer, in fact by default I created an entity which set the timer to 60. As has been mentioned you can also make a custom cfg for the map too.

The "SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/pinetrees/branch_002a_small.mdl) " is simply a warning, not an error and should not cause any problems. I cannot solve this my end it just seems to be the way Source works atm.

[...]

You can remove those error messages by simply changing the collissions to Not Solid.

[...]

You can remove those error messages by simply changing the collissions to Not Solid.

and then you can walk through trees

or you have to manually place clip brushes on every tree

totally voiding the point of of making a collision model

stop nit picking guys, if someone makes a shitty map and say "but the gameplay is awesome" everyone jumps on it for it;s look; if someone makes a great looking map but the gameplay is questionable everyone jumps on that - it's really tedious seeing tiny flaws picked out here (the physics thing is ridiculous, come on..).

It is not the best idea to make this for CSS but CSS frankly has the most players of any Source game and the map is more likely to get played.

Congrats Rob, you did done good and it looks really nice, a great portfolio piece tbh.

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.