Age Of Conan MMORPG

2d-chris

I'm thinking of getting this game... It looks pretty damn cool.

Though I can't seem to find many reviews of it online :S

It's because most reviewers won't review mmo's before it's been out a while. To get a full impression. Which is rather fair, to be honest. Most launches are shit, this one included. It'd be unfair to judge a game that's expected to last for at least five more years by its initial 5 days.

Must say though, so far I'm really loving it :)

First 20 levels blew my mind. An actual story, Characters i cared about. Impressive how much of it was voiced as well. I know this wont carry on but if the story stays to the same level of perfection i'll be hooked.

Aye the quests do get boring when it's collecting shit...but there only so many twists you can put on the same thing. MMO need to fill a life time while a FPS only (apparently) needs to last 5-6 hours.

Village building looks interesting and as everyone has said the graphics (for an mmo) are awesome.

I'm glad it's a proper 18 rated game as well, and i don't mean just the blood and guts. Some of the characters who have been voiced acting have had me almost joke on my drink with there sexual innuendo.

Anyway cool game. But as Mazy said i'm going to be playing a casual rate....no more 40 man raids WoW style.

First 20 levels blew my mind. An actual story, Characters i cared about. Impressive how much of it was voiced as well. I know this wont carry on but if the story stays to the same level of perfection i'll be hooked.

Aye the quests do get boring when it's collecting shit...but there only so many twists you can put on the same thing. MMO need to fill a life time while a FPS only (apparently) needs to last 5-6 hours.

Village building looks interesting and as everyone has said the graphics (for an mmo) are awesome.

I'm glad it's a proper 18 rated game as well, and i don't mean just the blood and guts. Some of the characters who have been voiced acting have had me almost joke on my drink with there sexual innuendo.

Anyway cool game. But as Mazy said i'm going to be playing a casual rate....no more 40 man raids WoW style.

An mmo to finally replace Ultima Online perhaps, woohoo. WoW so incredibly average after 2 months :quagmire:

What is this village building you speak of?

i thought tortage got boring after the first 10 levels. i had a huge problem finding quests when i was level 17-18 and so was stuck doing nothing pretty much. i much prefer stygia to aquilonia as well. there is no denying of captain nut and the cock handler posse.

also i'm not sure if it's a bug, but characters after tortage dont seem to.. speak?

I still had quests going on at lvl 22. Ended up leaving before i finished them all.

No it's not a bug only the SP missions have spoken words. Think the game would triple in sizes if it was all spoke :) not to mention the cost of all those voice actors.

Unlike most people though i seemed to listen/read all the stuff...i rather liked the story :)

Gorion / Lerupu @ Crom (PvE)

Aldanon @ Fury (PvP)

tbh, i like it allot, just because their is actually a story.. Thats what i missed in wow, and also somehow i don't find the quests that boring compared to wow (or even guildwars). Launch is a little rough, i remember guildwars launch, and that one was pretty smooth. But i heared that wow's launch was really rough, so i guess its ok, atleast i am still enjoying the game :D