Modelling challenge

insta

I have had a fever for the last few days, and during the wild and crazy hallucinations I had, I had a excellent idea. A truly superb idea!

Since HL2 is on the brink of being released, and we can all kiss our bsp-based maps goodbye (:(), we can learn to model together, like a family or perhaps an adorable collection of ducks :)

Here is the idea, I will start typing it on the line underneath this one :

Every week/month/whenever I feel like it, I will post a type of object, that we all try to model together! I will post lots and lots and heaps and bunches of sourcephotos, so we all know what exactly we are doing, then after some time, we all post our results. The model does not have to be skinned, just post a shot of the model in 3dsmax or a simple render.

Ok? Ok!

Here is the first Modelling Challenge!!

A TELEVISION SET!!!!

What is a Television set, you ask?

Shup up for a moment, while I explain :

tel·e·vi·sion

The transmission of visual images of moving and stationary objects, generally with accompanying sound, as electromagnetic waves and the reconversion of received waves into visual images.

That's pretty much it.

Here are some random limitations that you don't really have to pay attention to, but I wrote them down anyway :

-Max polycount ~1000

-May include a TV tray

-Antenna on top = BIG PLUS!

And here are the sourcepictures :

cc20television.gif

television.gif

tv.gif

tv-indoor.jpg

Stop reading and start modelling!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply