The Official Mapcore Anime Fanclub™

Minos

It's about time we have a place to post anime recommendations, discussions, music, art, etc... it's time to bring out your inner otaku! :)

I'll start with some great music:

And a recommendation of a movie I really liked, with character designs by Sadamoto (Evangelion), great backgrounds and a really fun light-hearted family story :) Recommended for a chill day when you want some good vibes!

Iv recently mentioned on another thread, as someone that can literally count the number of anime films iv watched with both hands, (i guess the environment iv been brought up in) watching anime has kinda always been regarded for children/childish.. but the few that i have seen/ properly sat down and watched.

• akira (a must watch imo)
  • ninja scroll (another i enjoyed)
  • a couple of street fighter films (not bad)
  • cowboybeepbop (keep fekn falling asleep everytime i try to watch but enjoyed what i have seen of the film^^)
  • Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend (1 of the first films with ninja scroll a friend showed when i was young.. this 1 kinda fuked me up when it came to manga/anime^^)
  • ghost in the shell (seen 1 or 2 of these films very enjoyable)
  • BLADE RUNNER 2049 - Black Out 2022 (have to mention this just because im a big BR fan and i thought the 3 shorts released especially this short anime was magical!)

aside from old anime tv cartoons? and being a fan of the art in old manga books and lone wolf and cub (if that is classed as anime books?) thats pretty much my list, but i do love the styles (especially older 80's n 90's anime) and ovc have seen/heard other things from anime stuff but never properly sat down and watched, so i would love to see some more recommendations from folk.
will defo check out Evangelion (iv seen a few folk mention its not bad)
any more for non anime heads ?

damn i remember watching a few good ol eps of gundam, never really got into it when i was young but im more of a mech head and scfi nerd now compared to when i was young^^ (for some reason thinking of gundam also got me thinking of Captain plantet^?^ will now need to post afew funny captain planet skitz in another thread^^).

• 2 weeks later...

Might bee too obvious but Saint Seya is some of the best shit – imo.

i grew up watching it

I didn’t watch it all but loved Macross Saga/Robotech. Did actually found a playlist on YouTube a year or so ago but didn’t finish it again (also was told that import version has been brutalised and lacks content) but anyway such epic shit (and such epic theme), the mecha-F14s are too cool.

And of course in Italy Kyaputen Tsubasa has been one of the most aired anime, every boy growing up has watched this, dreamed they’d become football pros, and attempted some of the crazy jumps

I also really liked this one

Man all this stuff was released within two years of my birth. I’m so fucking old!

Edited by blackdog

• 1 month later...