San Andreas...

Spinlock

Am I one of the only people on earth that think San Andreas totally sucks on the graphical and audio side? The gameplay is awesome, but the polish just isn't there. The animations aren't fluid (hardly anything aligns properly), the environments are simply fugly, and the audio seems its being played in 32kbit... I just don't see how game reviewers who heavily criticize graphics and audio can give this game editors choice.

Wow, this is all new to me :o

Seriously though, yeah, it can look pretty nasty but its the scale of the environment thats impressive (A few years ago I would've thought that idea of an entire state in game was insane!), and when you take that into account I think its pretty damn impressive.

BST GAEM EVAH BTW :)~

Yeah, I loved the Vice City gameplay, and this gangster crap is already getting on my nerves (8% completed). I wish they would revise Grand Theft Auto 3 on a larger scale, as I love the Mafia approach. It's just the graphics are so fucking lackluster it isn't even funny. Oh well...

They generally serve their purpose and sometimes the games still manage to look quite nice, imo.

I met up with some friends for a week or so. We played some SA on the ps2 there. A lot of comments about how ugly it was, but I was sitting there quite content with the graphics, but then I think we're pushing the graphics too quickly leaving gameplay behind most of the time.

Enviroments ugly? 8%? I can't remember how much you have unlocked at that stage but the first time i drived from the mountain area to San Fierro, i was :o. The country side really stunned for some reason on that ride..

Total coincidence. I just installed it on Saturday and have been playing it since then. I don't know what percent done I am, but I do agree. I noticed the graphics are pretty fugly. I really don't care though, I love the gameplay, the setting, and the whole wannabe gangster shit. Plus San Andreas gives so much more control of the charecter, their clothing and thier looks.

BST GAEM EVAH BTW ~ :)

Indeed there are moments and areas that look pretty breathtaking. But the overall style of the old generation of GTA games was always one of having as much stuff there as possible, as opposed to having lots of quality stuff there.

Plus Mino, you're just a playa hater! (Game hater actually! :o)

Sorry dude. When the games were taking the awesome illicit stuff from real life (carjacking, extortion, murder) and making it the bread and butter of the game, that was fun. Taking the boring mundane shit and making it the game is boring and mundane. The most fun thing to ride in that game is a bicycle. I don't want to have to stop at the pizza hut and eat. I don't want to have to work a job in a fucking game. Worst design shift ever.

The game is massive, a year old and primarily made for the PS2 so yeah what do you expect. Displacement mapping?

The whole game sticks to a certain style and the texturing, detail, colors etc are consistent and thats most important imo. The game as a whole stands.

The gameplay is identical to Vice city but extended. If you dont like the gym and the eating you can always type in a cheat. The nigga crap is indeed crap but has nothing to do with the gameplay and once you get past the first 25 percent of the game youre trough with it and you can enjoy a nigga free gaming world.

The game is great. One of the only games that actually gives me value (in play time) for my 50 euro. Something you cant say of 99.9 percent of the games out there.