DC's Cinematic Universe

blackdog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There's a rumour that just came out yesterday.

Some people are saying that Ben Afflek is trying to get out of his contract: that means they would need to cast a new Batman after Justice League!

Weird. I mean I can understand why he would want to, the DCU seems an utter mess, the praised Jeff Jones direction doesn't seem to improve things… Ben must be getting really stressed. Or maybe he doesn't like the ridiculous sunglasses they put on the new suit ?

Shame because after all the critiques I found he was making a very good batman!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is the Cinderella brand of superheroes right now, but they keep pushing out stuff.
The new Titans show might be worth...

The problematic thing is that DC is launching a streaming service*  of their own and this serie should headline there. So I wonder if they will still have agreements with Netflix/Amazon/NowTV.

*(for once they would be ahead of Marvel/Disney as it seems Disney will have an in-house streaming service of all their brands)

13 hours ago, Tisky said:

I thought Shazam looked so boring and crappy when i first saw the images, then i saw the trailer and now i kinda wanna see it.

Agreed, at first I thought it was another Superman type guy in a red outfit, nothing could be less interesting than that. I didn't know the premise of the story would be so funny. It actually seems like a pretty good idea.

• 1 month later...

So Justice League recently got added to NowTV and I gave it a go... well what to say.

I don't think is crap like Batman v Superman, where the script was mostly nonsense, but this was... I dunno, irrelevant. Feels like nothing is really happening throughout the whole movie. The antagonist is a "destroyer of worlds" but Superman owns him easy.
Flash is annoying (and I think Ezra Miller was a totally wrong casting choice, don't like him, the voice is super-annoying); Batman is basically useless, where was the only good thing in BvS.

The scenography I didn't like at all... just some shit tentacles going everywhere, this apocalyptic scenario, why were there still people living in that place away from anything and probably polluted in radiations?

I liked the ending, in the sense how the minions behave with their master.

~

With even Geoff Johns stepping down from an overseeing role for these movies, the DCU seems doomed to fail apart from Wonder Woman films.
I totally dislike the Aquaman trailer that came out, I could never stand Zac Levy that is the lead on Shazam, which is also generally a too childish movie for my taste.

Ben Affleck just went into rehab for alcoholism(!) so I think that's a wrap for him in the Batman role, he already was skeptical in doing anything else since the solo movie was taking forever to develop.
It's a shame, I hope he gets well for good, because I think he's a very fine director.

Edited by blackdog

21 hours ago, blackdog said:

So Justice League recently got added to NowTV and I gave it a go... well what to say.

I don't think is crap like Batman v Superman, where the script was mostly nonsense, but this was... I dunno, irrelevant. Feels like nothing is really happening throughout the whole movie. The antagonist is a "destroyer of worlds" but Superman owns him easy.
Flash is annoying (and I think Ezra Miller was a totally wrong casting choice, don't like him, the voice is super-annoying); Batman is basically useless, where was the only good thing in BvS.

The scenography I didn't like at all... just some shit tentacles going everywhere, this apocalyptic scenario, why were there still people living in that place away from anything and probably polluted in radiations?

I liked the ending, in the sense how the minions behave with their master.

~

With even Geoff Johns stepping down from an overseeing role for these movies, the DCU seems doomed to fail apart from Wonder Woman films.
I totally dislike the Aquaman trailer that came out, I could never stand Zac Levy that is the lead on Shazam, which is also generally a too childish movie for my taste.

Ben Affleck just went into rehab for alcoholism(!) so I think that's a wrap for him in the Batman role, he already was skeptical in doing anything else since the solo movie was taking forever to develop.
It's a shame, I hope he gets well for good, because I think he's a very fine director.

Agreed...perhaps to have equal impact, perhaps just release some Saturday morning cartoons instead?