Marvel Cinematic Universe

Sprony

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw black Panther, and it not super bad. The plot was a little shallow and predictable imo but it had some cool moments. Nothing spectacular, though. I even felt that the trailer was more badass thank the actual movie.

Felt like 75% CGI. Especially that last fight between black panther and yellow panther, or whatever his name is, that was like a video game cutscene.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:18 PM, blackdog said:

Yeah I think the CG in Black Panther was pretty bad.

I loved the environmental CG a lot in the movie! The city of Wakanda in particular.  Some of the design choices might've been a bit questionable though... like this the rightmost building with the hut roof... :D
0218-WI-APAFRO-01_sq_0.jpg?itok=VGLlS9fQ

1 hour ago, Dea said:

I loved the environmental CG a lot in the movie! The city of Wakanda in particular.  Some of the design choices might've been a bit questionable though... like this the rightmost building with the hut roof... :D
0218-WI-APAFRO-01_sq_0.jpg?itok=VGLlS9fQ

That’s left lol ? 

But I’m talking about characters, the animations, jumping, stunts in general made me think of Matrix and the fight with the Smiths.

Was really breaking immersion.

Soon out Luke Cage S2 (which should include Heroes for Hire cycle but still not marketing with Iron Fist in it)

There's speculation Daredevil S3 will be out in September and Iron Fists S2 in November. Also that they might not do any more Defenders and continue -like in the movies- with smaller team ups.

Edited by blackdog

• 2 months later...

accidentally posted this in the DC topic ?

~

Ah is actually a month old news but i inly heard around ComiCon Disney has formalised and has been cleared to acquire Fox. So in the coming years Marvel should work stuff like Fantastic 4 in their current MCU, making the Illuminati thing and Secret Wars has been mentioned by the Russos.

But obvs this will take quite some time as surely Marvel needs a slam dunk when they bring their version of such battered characters to screen.

Also seems like it's already been said Deadpool will not be affected and they will keep doing their thing on the side (probably with more access to characters).

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/27/17509984/disney-21st-century-fox-acquisition-antitrust

~

With the Fox-Disney deal official, these should be the consequences:

all Marvel content will be pulled from Netflix (except the Defenders series which apparently Netflix bought), everything that has ever come out will be on Disney's streaming service, the service probably offered as a mega-bundle that includes Hulu, where they would put R-rated content like Deadpool

Edited by blackdog

• 3 weeks later...