James Russell - Level Designer

ZensDeath

You've put a lot of hard work to make the flash version but seriously a lot of people don't like flash sites. Loading time is way to long and I don't like the colors - the contrast is too low - the white elements after the loading are nice. There are a lot of stuff there but it have a weird categories. You have titles of levels and "Modelling" where titles of models are. Maybe create a category "Levels" or "Level Design" / "Modeling" or "3D Models and Animation" and so on...

That took me almost 2 minutes to reach 68%! The download speed never went above 110kb/sec. You need to ditch the flash, no potential employer or possibly even general curious person like myself is willing to sit there and wait for it to load.

Gotta agree with the others: flash is bad, heavy website in flash is very bad.

But even if, let's say, you converted it all to HTML/CSS, I would still have critics on the layout itself:

11337836.jpg

44307912.jpg

28251301.jpg

I'm also not sold on the font you used for your menus, it's a bit too "book-ish", but that's only personal opinions of course.

My advice is to strip it down to the bare essentials. Imagine that you are an employer and you have to look through dozens of applications. Are you going to sit and read pages of story, or would you prefer concise information with a few pictures that show the key points and the strongest examples? I just think there's too much and it's a bit too cluttered. I hate to repeat what everyone else said but the loading times really were too long. You could have a similar website in HTML only.

Thanks for the input guys! Just to make sure we are all on the same page, you guys want me to add more flash stuff to my site right?

Erm... Yes, you need to have at least 3 more loaders that takes up to 10 minutes each to load, and finally when you get to the website itself it needs to have a even more non-friendly flash interface that no one knows how to use and struggles to see your portfolio!

So yeah, we're NOT on the same page, did you even read the feedback that people posted? Along with very useful links with shitloads of information on how to make a neat and friendly online portfolio?! I don't think you did.

":dl4fxl0b]
Thanks for the input guys! Just to make sure we are all on the same page, you guys want me to add more flash stuff to my site right?

Erm... Yes, you need to have at least 3 more loaders that takes up to 10 minutes each to load, and finally when you get to the website itself it needs to have a even more non-friendly flash interface that no one knows how to use and struggles to see your portfolio!

So yeah, we're NOT on the same page, did you even read the feedback that people posted? Along with very useful links with shitloads of information on how to make a neat and friendly online portfolio?! I don't think you did.

I think it was a joke.