[WIP] de_tempo

therealm1st

Tempo, my first competitive map for CS:GO.

Hi, I am submitting my map de_tempo. It's currently in Alpha stage. I feel like I have done what I could and hope to improve with future maps of mine. However, progress on this map will continue and I will end it only when I feel like the map is ready for a full release.

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=473904917

Screenshots and an overview:

http://imgur.com/a/yWGyt

Edited by therealm1st
post-contest edit with a link to new screenshots and a rant

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, you don't really need to reserve posts here, you can fill your OP with so much it's irrelevant.

The scale of the map looks OK, if not a bit simplistic. Bombsite A looks to have too many entrances, and mid seems to exposed on both sides. I can't quite tell which way the stairs go on the T side of mid, but if they lead up into mid, then Ts can use an unfair headshot angle against the CTs.

Please provide screenshots, an overlay is not enough.

FYI, you don't really need to reserve posts here, you can fill your OP with so much it's irrelevant.

If I knew how to delete it, I would sure do so.  Found it, hidden!

The scale of the map looks OK, if not a bit simplistic. Bombsite A looks to have too many entrances, and mid seems to exposed on both sides. I can't quite tell which way the stairs go on the T side of mid, but if they lead up into mid, then Ts can use an unfair headshot angle against the CTs.

Bombsite A does indeed have a lot of entrances and having realized that, I am reworking it at the moment. The stairs do lead up into mid, however, in my opinion that isn't as big of a problem because the CTs have about 3-4 seconds extra on middle and therefore are able to see players coming either from above the wall, or from behind the wall.

Please provide screenshots, an overlay is not enough.

Added 9 of them and there will be more later!

Thanks for the feedback!

Edited by therealm1st

@therealm1st CTs having extra time is irrelevant. This is what I would call 1 way cover.

You can see from this expertly detailed diagram how the advantage favours those down the ramp:

LRz0uH4.png

T's have significantly more cover, and unless CTs are on top of them they have a great advantage. The further back CT are the stronger it is. You could counteract this by making the whole length of mid a gentle slope, but that doesnt always fit in to the map.

Art Work like that needs a watermark, I've seen that posted on deviantArt at least 5 times within the hour.

On topic:

As Jack said, you really want to only give certain height advantages where it generally is a choke point or a must. Think about trying to make the inclines more gradual, that way you still leave some height difference in the map, but you don't make it too strong. Think of Mirage's A Ramp entry from T, as a good example. Entry into the site isnt at head height, by the time they've reached the top of the stairs/ramp, they are full body if not 3/4's.

Basically "Less is more"

• 1 month later...

@Guni, @jackophant The whole middle is a gentle slope (and the underpass has been made redundant and therefore removed) as of this version. Feel free to leave any feedback on how I should change the layout by playing the map or checking out the screenshots / overlay in the OP. Thanks!

Edited by therealm1st

Maybe a pic of the layout? 

@DeWil, well, it's in the first post and I can see it (if you mean the radar image), if you can't see it, it's here: http://i.imgur.com/pDbntSC.png.

If you mean in-game screenshots, go to the first post and click 'Reveal hidden contents' for the respective area you want to see (or click the imgur link in the post).

Cheers!

Edited by therealm1st

• 3 weeks later...