General Hammer Editor Tips

garthbartin

the "eyeball" buttons, to hide objects. I seriously recommend exploring the various ways these are useful, they really open up the tools substantially.

I'm not sure what you mean by eyeball?

these?

Quickhide objects (H)

Quickhide unselected (Ctrl+H) this one I just figured it out... it's amazing. Basically Isolation mode like in 3Ds max

Quickunhide everything (U)

I also really like Ctrl+F to split a face in 2 vertice (must be in Vertex tool to work)

same with Alt+E when using vertex tool ( this one allows to scale selected vertices )

In the 2D viewport configuration:

Arrow keys nudge selected object/vertex. This one is my new must have. you can quickly move your selected objects While ensuring they stay on grid. It also works in the camera view!

Reorient primitives on creation in the active 2D view: This one is great as well when you make primitives such as curved roads and cylinders, torus.

Ctrl+G to group

Ctrol+U to ungroup

Creating user visgroups..

Ok last thing I find very very useful is pressing O (letter O) while clipping tool is activated. This show all the mesurements of your cuts before you press enter.

Edited by tr0nic

Once upon a time I made an asymmetrical castle. I decided it should have been bigger, so I painstakingly copied the different pieces of the castle and rotated them over the course of an hour such that the castle had been reflected horizontally into twice its size. Later that day I discovered the "flip horizontal" feature.