[CS:GO] Riverside

MadsenFK

Holy fuck, I actually finished a map? First time of being a little proud of myself, in my entire life time.

But for real though, thanks a lot guys.

PS. By finished, I mean that I'm absolutely done with it. No layout changes or anything like that, just small bug fixing.

WIP Thread

DOWNLOAD

de_riverside_radar_spectate_jpg.jpg

Thumbnail.jpg

Bombsite A.jpg

A Courtyard.jpg

Edited by madsenfk

Excellent work. My only gripe is that the detailing looks kinda mathematical and perfect, like you allocated one piece of clutter to every square meter or something. I know your objective is probably a clean competitive map so this is fine, but I think a bit of environmental storytelling could really elevate it.

Couple other small things:

I honest think this could be an operation map. It just needs more personality. Feels kind of generic, with nothing special and unique.

I ran around it and I feel like bombsite A is somewhat too difficult to defend. Don't know how it would play in competitive.

I saw one room in the map which was blocked off and there was only one half open door looking into it and you've had it all detailed like it was planned to be an accessible area.

Also the visibility is pretty good but it could be improved on some spots of the map.

@NikiOo has a good point. It has potential of being an operation map, but it kinda looks like an Empire  or Train and it needs a bit more personality.

There are areas that are too open and without many design and gameplay details,some of buildings are too short and ,

i would like to see one building that would stick out and be used as navigation point. (Maybe rise that Clocktower)

I havent playtested it so i cannot say anything about layout but you threw some interesting ideas in there.

Anyways you have done a good job in every way,honestly looking forward to Copenhagen.

Edited by RAD

55 minutes ago, NikiOo said:

I honest think this could be an operation map. It just needs more personality. Feels kind of generic, with nothing special and unique.

I ran around it and I feel like bombsite A is somewhat too difficult to defend. Don't know how it would play in competitive.

I saw one room in the map which was blocked off and there was only one half open door looking into it and you've had it all detailed like it was planned to be an accessible area.

Also the visibility is pretty good but it could be improved on some spots of the map.

Yeah, It's a very generic theme I chose. I've heard that wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to much now actually, but I'm not gonna change it unfortunately.

Bombsite A has been changed a tiny bit in the update I most likely will release tommorow.

And that the half closed off room was actually a route you could go in the earlier versions, but I closed it off due to feedback I got.

So thanks a lot for the feedback my ni?️?️a

4 minutes ago, RAD said:

@NikiOo has a good point. It has potential of being an operation map, but it kinda looks like an Empire  or Train and it needs a bit more personality.

There are areas that are too open and without many design and gameplay details,some of buildings are too short and ,

i would like to see one building that would stick out and be used as navigation point. (Maybe rise that Clocktower)

I havent playtested it so i cannot say anything about layout but you threw some interesting ideas in there.

Anyways you have done a good job in every way,honestly looking forward to Copenhagen.

The clocktower has been risen in the update which I will release tommorow, to where you can see from almost everywhere on the map.

Thank you for the feedback x))