[CS:GO] de_whitmoore

DooM

Hello, here is my map de_whitmoore, I'm looking for some suggestions/feedback. I currently cannot get the steam workshop to work, so I will try to attach the .bsp.

A bombsite:

0RHfb8m.jpg

B bombsite:

5C6O9Zd.jpg

Mid:

TQavIT1.jpg

Overview:

Jm2YJ3w.png

I am currently working on:

Gameplay: Most important, Timings still feel odd on mid.

Theme (European architecture, like Warsaw's old town)

Thank you for reading this post.

(I'd also really like to thank all that play-tested an earlier version of the map.)

Update: 06/12/14

Hello, I put some extra time into game play and layout. Now the map looks completely different, as I pretty much just used some ideas from the old map but reworked them into a better layout. I have also changed the name to de_euro.

Workshop link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=351681459

A site:

hycH34r.jpg

B site:

liDIx4E.jpg

Middle:

dHSynjU.jpg

Ct spawn:

uOZYyh2.jpg

Things I'm working on:

Game-play

Trying to work out what I'm going to detail (what buildings etc)

Thanks for reading!

Edited by DooM

Well, it wouldn't work anyway.

Theres a bug currently where you can't subscribe to new maps because they are "considered for the next operation". Very annoying.

On the map:

It reminds me a lot of dust2, mainly because its so simple. That sounds mabye a bit strange, but add something own maybe, something that people remember when playing on your map (e.g. Inferno banana, Nuke vents/A site, Mirage mid etc)

Edited by Nakroma

Hey mate, got a few questions for you - none are in any way critical of your work, just interested in how you plan & stuff.

Caveat* (Needs more variety with vertical height on some of those buildings at some point)

• What reference picture would you choose to best show what you want your map to look like?
  • Which map does your own currently play like, in general?
  • Which areas of your map are you excited about?
  • Which areas of your map have you struggled with?
  • Which maps were your inspiration for your project?

Cheers mate, thanks for sharing & hope project goes well for you.

Hey mate, got a few questions for you - none are in any way critical of your work, just interested in how you plan & stuff.

Caveat* (Needs more variety with vertical height on some of those buildings at some point)

• What reference picture would you choose to best show what you want your map to look like?
  • Which map does your own currently play like, in general?
  • Which areas of your map are you excited about?
  • Which areas of your map have you struggled with?
  • Which maps were your inspiration for your project?

Cheers mate, thanks for sharing & hope project goes well for you

This reference is what I want my map to look like:

nRqIZXX.jpg

Plays most like Dust 2 really, I want to change it so it feels different and not so death-matchy.

I'm most excited about the bombsites.

I struggled most with timings and middle as it's really hard to judge how to make middle play, as I think the layout of middle can make or break a map.

Dust 2 is easily my biggest inspiration, mirage and a little sprinkling of inferno.

Thanks for the questions, they've really helped me think about where this map is going.

Edited by DooM

My suggestion would be to change the maps name.

I don't find long names like Black Gold or Whitmoore particularly interesting mainly due to their length.

Shorter names could work, even de_warsaw would be a better choice. It has to be simple, portray the map well and sound interesting.

Thanks for the input!

Well now, that's got some nice architecture in that pic. I did a bit of google fu & found some interesting stuff - may interest you, may be interesting? I didn't see many pics showing a variety of scenery or street layouts, though these were quite good.

1d34aed91903bd7670315edb40bef68b.png

34fb953dfce557854bf3358fc5b7c17d.png

kleinseite-prag.jpg

Prager-Kneipe-auf-der-Kleinseite.jpg

moldaufahrt-01.jpg

6d9a2dd75b0dc4a483c477858aca056b.png

Holy... Thanks for the images! Yeah the streets always seem either very wide or quite narrow, anyway thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, looks a lot better then in the playtesting session. B looks great (altough I kinda liked the minipit), mid looks also really good.

Did you do anything to the huge long door corridor?

Yeah I split it up a bit, I feel it still needs work though