AEON [First-Person Indie Horror]

orihaus

Hi everyone,

Here are some screenshots of a game I'm working on, currently in very early embryonic stage of development. Right now I'm setting up the world design and architecture for what may end up as a Amnesia style non-combat Science Fiction horror game. Name is very likely to change. Would love professional feedback and criticism of the environment design and modelling!

I should note that for the textures, I'm using PhilipK's excellent PK series: http://www.mapcore.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=15428.

8011878123_ec3d8e544e_c.jpg

8011885129_d74a84da10_c.jpg

8011915658_66c6dbc936_c.jpg

7947810064_a27e95c087_c.jpg

More screenshots here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/orihaus/.

Thanks!

And right now it's just me working on this! And no, this is Unity. I'd love to use Cryengine 3, but the free SDK is still locked, so I wouldn't be able to release. I also love how flexible the Unity modelling pipeline is, compared to CE3. And yea, there is a little bit of diffuse on a few materials, to give some depth.

Thanks!

And right now it's just me working on this! And no, this is Unity. I'd love to use Cryengine 3, but the free SDK is still locked, so I wouldn't be able to release. I also love how flexible the Unity modelling pipeline is, compared to CE3. And yea, there is a little bit of diffuse on a few materials, to give some depth.

you can release with freeSDK. why wouldn't you be able to?

anyway: looks great! very cool style :)

you can release with freeSDK. why wouldn't you be able to?

anyway: looks great! very cool style :)

All the versions I've used require you to log in on launch of both the stand alone client and editor. Unless there is a way to remove that, It's really impractical to ask all players to create Crytech developer accounts! And thanks!

Oh. My. God. That is sooooooo cool!

How did you do those effects?

- Is that a scrolling texture with stripes with a strong normal map to cause distortion?

- How did you to the light flower/ flickering thing? Animated sprite too?

I have no suggestions other than maybe make more evident that this environment is in a space station (or am I wrong?).

Edited by Al Anselmo

- Is that a scrolling texture with stripes with a strong normal map to cause distortion?

- How did you to the light flower/ flickering thing? Animated sprite too?

Yes, and yes!

I have no suggestions other than maybe make more evident that this environment is in a space station (or am I wrong?).

If you'll look closely you'll notice that it's on an ocean. Still working out details for the setting, but it's looking to be set on an sea of coolant/fuel/water for a massive fusion reactor in the heart of a megastructure generation ship. Looking for ways to suggest that visually!

If you'll look closely you'll notice that it's on an ocean. Still working out details for the setting, but it's looking to be set on an sea of coolant/fuel/water for a massive fusion reactor in the heart of a megastructure generation ship. Looking for ways to suggest that visually!

Oh! :D

An ocean was my second shot... Keep up with the great work!