Doom3 Engine

Izuno

The Doom3 engine was built for inside areas, I'm sure they will have a couple of rocks on the mars surface you can see from inside, but don't even think of building something which is even close to a natural surface.

(sounds like I was an ID employee who I am obviously not, but this is how recent statements of the developers somewhat look like)

I must admit that's what it looks like. But I have heard from some of our producers with friends at Id, as well as the Activision people I know, that the engine supposedly can do a lot more then Id is letting people know. Specifically, it is suppose to be able to do large outdoor environments with lush details and much better textures.

But the key word is supposed to do all that. I wonder how much of that is just hype and smoke getting blown around.

Follow up question:

Anyone know more about the CGS/BSP/VIS/RAD processes for the D3 engine? Are they really done as I put in my article? (see first post in this thread) If so, what does this tell you about how the levels are designed and does that imply anything on upper limits on size and graphics quality?

Ya Izuno, on the plus side atleast it isn't ID saying OMG WE CAN TOTALLY DO OUTSIDE TERRAIN BLAH BLAH. Often times its the community saying stuff, i guess we'll see. On the plus side i was relieved to hear months ago that it will support more than 4 player MP, its just the default maps that are released with the MP will support that, the engine however will support higher. So that makes kid happy. :)

Ok plz, lets not waste our breath crapping on unreleased games. Let focus all our hate and attention on released games that are ugly and/or crappy. (b42, ut2k3) plzkthxbyebiatches :D

true we can't really start crapping on d3 cause it's not out yet. however we seem to like a head start if given the chance.

i think the real question is how easy to use will the d3 tools be?

guess i gotta wait to start crapping on that :?