Application book cover

KIIIA

Hi, i`m pretty finished with the cover of my application book for university [Communication design].The front is ment to convey a sense of light-hearted, pure beauty in a space without gravity, that allows to focus on the very essence of beauty. That`s why i created a very classic, bold looking font in gold, to support this aspect.

The back corresponds with the feather at the front. Its displays a swan, the animal which is classicaly used in literature, theater and arts to visualize beauty!

It also fit very well because of its pure, white and noble appearance.

C&C very welcome, since i`m willing to change things, if any strange things occur....(when you work on things all by yourself for a long time, you sometimes loose the clear view about them.)

Front:

map_front.jpg

Back:

swan_1.jpg

i dislike the font and its color. if you tried to be simple, then why is there a pseudo 3d effect? and why is it in gold? and why is this font so ugly? the font looks like each character has a different size and the spacing between the characters is horrible too.

Why do you do Communication-Design btw? There's an own Game-Design course here :shifty:

At the studio i did an internship I talked to the personal managers and leading artists and they told me to focus on an education that teaches the fundamentals of design, and not the technique, since "the technique could easily be learned by everyone". Most important are ideas, creativity and concepts.

With a degree in Comm.Design you are more qualified for positions like art directors for example, they told me.

But since i`m working hard on the art side right now (since i`m comming from the technical side and not from classical drawing etc.), and i`m not sure if i will be accepted with my map, i might end up studying "Digital Media" in Darmstadt.

Grohe?? What`s that? But as long as beer`s involved, i`m with it ;)

What are you studying?

You have to apply till the 2nd of June with a digital Application book/Portfolio. Then you get assigned to a 14-days homework which you'll present in a 10 minute interview. If you pass that you get access to the application form (NC Application).

I'd love to do a semester in cork but they've told me that only about 10 students per semester can do the exchange because they only have ~40 students/semester in ireland.