[CS:GO] ar_scanworld

Sersch

Hey guys,
my latest arms race / deathmatch / aim map for CS:GO is finally done and can be downloaded from the Steam Workshop.

I've teamed up with Stefan "Neahc" Irmler to create a small arena map with 3D scanned meshes. He made all trees and hunted down some really nice rocks in the Harz Mountains. I've retopologized, baked and color tweaked the rocks (removed some direct lighting here and there and matched their hue and brightness). Neahc also created the terrain textures and was able to set up a blend material for displacements to blend between four different texture sets on one displacement patch, which is the farthest you can get with ye good ol' Source engine.

The map itself was done be me. I've also modeled two simple sets for the ruins and the large pipes. Of course there's always something I want to add, but I decided to finalize this level now and work on a new project (probably UT4), before it looks too dated to show here.

If you like this map, you might want to check out my other two CS:GO maps (ar_chess and de_cliffside) as well.

ar_scanworld_1.jpgar_scanworld_2.jpg

ar_scanworld_3.jpgar_scanworld_4.jpg

ar_scanworld_5.jpgar_scanworld_6.jpg

ar_scanworld_7.jpgar_scanworld_brickparts.jpg

ar_scanworld_pipes.jpgar_scanworld_rocks.jpg

Edited by Sersch

Hey, look, a cs:go map that isn't a warehouse!

Great job on the modular assets and overall atmosphere. It's refreshing to see organic maps in cs. My only criticism is that the environment looks more like a deathmatch arena than an actual purposeful place.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...