Skrothum

BioPulse

Metal from the Netherlands, my first demo with my new band called 'Skrothum' was recorded just recently and i decided i'd post some tracks online for people to give a listen to.

http://www.myspace.com/skrothum

There's 3 tracks on there of our 6 track demo.

There's no vocals yet, and the drummer didn't have any cumbals at the crappy studio we were in, but other than that and the second guitarist have an overdose of distortion i'm pretty happy with how it sounds, it's a live recording.

Hope you guys enjoy it or can give some tips as to where faults lie, there's some playing errors but we wanted to keep it live and not fidle with it too much, since this is how we sound live.

Laff! Ok first of this is clinical words so i hope i dont get banned. BUT this sounds like: In some male mammals, the scrotum is a protuberance of skin and muscle containing the testicles. It is an extension of the abdomen, and is located between the penis and anus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrotum

Why would any one want to call themself that? Im just curious. Is it shock value? In that case they failed because i couldn´t care less about a band called that.

Spellbinder, as for the name, we're a bunch of stoners, first we came up with defecation but that was already taken :D and skrothum seemed to hang in there, we haven't really thought about our name alot yet, we just make music for now, it's nothing to do with shock value, we'd call ourselves Dying Fetus (already taken :() or something like that if we wanted shock value :P

We're working on a proper site but none of us can really make good sites (i can slap around some things in photoshop / notepad) so that's taking a bit longer than expected and myspace is a good place to get feedback, alot of people search for upcomming bands there.

Ok first of: and skrothum seemed to hang in there... rofl gg! Second as you said every one is on Myspace, thats one of the reason i never visit Myspace. To much crap from ppl who wants to get famous and its worse then Idol. I say go for your own site. I never heard anything you did so i cant say much about that. But if you are serious and make good music, get your own site, dont follow the crowd. How to get ppl´s attention without Myspace i dont know, but on the other hand on my space you will just get drown with all the crap. If you pasted any songs (i dont remember the first post) i will listen to it and maybe i give some crits.

for a live recording it's not bad, but I sure miss the vocals! Also, there's a lack of 'agression' IMO.

GJ anyway. Now go pimp your myspace! ;)

BTW: myspace is indeed widely used for bands to promote themselves. It's populair and effective so why not? Having a site is more something you do if you plan on going commercial (since it costs money).

for a live recording it's not bad, but I sure miss the vocals! Also, there's a lack of 'agression' IMO.

BTW: myspace is indeed widely used for bands to promote themselves. It's populair and effective so why not? Having a site is more something you do if you plan on going commercial (since it costs money).

Well in this case i agree, couse they pretty much sucked. Im sorry but thats the hard cold truth. Some lyrics would do something. I mean make a song actually be about something. As it is now its all a lots of nois. And i can get noise by going to the nearest construction site. Yo all guys make a good effort that i can hear. But really its just nois for me. Suggestion: Listen to some oldies listen to what makes a good tune a good tune, then incorporate some lyrics, lyrics is half the battle.

Yes, real live we play a bit more agressive, that's one thing that i missed on the demo too, there's way more energy in our music when we are on stage or in the reharsal studio.

and we are working on our own site, but we need to be sure if we want to stick with skrothum as a name, and then... design something that's death metalish and has maybe a scrotum in it? :D will take a little while.