Steam workshop link

As of right now there's not a particular theme in mind and I don't have any reference pictures - which btw if anybody has any ideas please tell me! - , but I do have a functioning map!

Here's the layout of the map in it's current state:

1369204069_RadarImage.png.47cf214841879c300564769457cc4efd.png

And of course some screenshots of the map, but only the 'pretty' and 'detailed' area's haha

Feel free to leave any feedback you have!

I'll be trying to improve the map as much as I can in the meantime and schedule a playtest when I'm ready :D

Edited by P0TAT0

Another update!

This one's kindaaa big, not really, don't know tbf

- Made some big changes to mid, added a truck and some elevation, will probably tweak later

- Added a tree to A site and made the lower wall bigger

That's all really, here's the updated radar:

1695577529_RadarImage.png.eb424e1711e9dcb3fb93550117c463c9.png

As always, feedback would be appreciated! I'm starting to need some more idea's that aren't mine :P

Edit: Will get some updated pictures soon!

Edited by P0TAT0

For everyone wondering I’m currently on vacation but I’ll be back on Friday evening!

I’ve done a little bit of playtesting Sunday evening though with phantasmagoria who gave me some idea’s, mainly on A site. I’ll be implementing as much of those idea’s as I can Friday evening and Saturday morning! I’m also having a playtest on the De_Kuru Discord server Saturday evening at 3:00 Eastern time in hopes of getting some more feedback!

Sorry for bad formatting, currently on my phone

Edited by P0TAT0

After finally being able to log into Mapcore again I can actually discuss my map again, today I'll be having the playtest with the people on de_kuru and I've made some pretty big changes to A site.

I've added a platform for the terrorists to use, to hopefully balance the site out a bit.

I've also added a garage to A site to act as deep cover if you wanna play some hide and seek.

Other than that, I've made a few tiny changes which I don't feel like mentioning.

You can also find some new screenshots on the workshop page!

Spoiler

New A site

20190831102314_1.jpg.eaa89f474c2b3db37446005c613c3ece.jpg20190831102301_1.jpg.619bd0857c0f3be977fefb0c5be3500d.jpg

Haven't posted in some time and thought I would give you guys an update;

I'm currently working on the T side of the map, mainly back of A main which might end up becoming a bit like Cache,

and the back of B main. As of right now I've mostly given a lot of attention to A since I wasn't really happy with it before the previous update meaning there's not really a whole lot at B site.

Also, I've shifted CT spawn. Update will probably get released tomorrow or a bit later!

Overall the lighting is kinda fucked up atm. Everything is really bright and hard to look at. Also some of the narrow ways feel pretty odd, would make them a bit bigger. I wouldnt reccomend having the tree model as cover on terris auto radar, maybe add the cage stuff on the bottom. Also the ground stuff when the texture changes shouldnt be solid.

Would move the right box slightly left and definitely lower the left one, since the headglitch to mid is really weird. Just from the feeling of the spot. Also the clip on the left box is kinda odd.

Spoiler

20190903002221_1.jpg.7e1236a5da07bcd2455d528376e30e74.jpg

I like the spot back here but dont really understand the clipping in here.

Spoiler

20190903003118_1.jpg.97db603eff6e285b89a3fb00ba1db224.jpg

2 weird sightlines that shouldnt be there imo:

Spoiler

20190903002336_1.jpg.b17bd0c1c1df6fb74669cc5f36ca3bc4.jpg20190903003536_1.jpg.886c199ebcfd23e660b5a1a8aa19cb05.jpg

Edited by C-NAP

I also completely forgot to mention the new update in which I added a completely new area behind A, removed an unnecessary connector and finally gave some more attention to B.

I should have already upload an even newer version which actually already has some little things fixed and adjusted to hopefully further improve gameplay.

The next thing I want to do with this map is schedule a 5v5 playtest to get some feedback and tweak my layout!

Wow, I really haven't been active in a while..

I had a TopHATTWaffle playtest yesterday evening and got tons of feedback so that means post-playtest update time!

Here's the updated radar and everything I mentioned in the change log:

:522330745_RadarImage.png.fab659ed103916de5801f119ae06b286.png

Spoiler

Post-Playtest update!
- Made the skybox higher
- Removed connector at lower mid and reworked lower mid in general
- Reworked cover on A site
- Reworked cover at the shopping street a bit
- Added a bit of cover to mid terrace and ivy(?)
- Adjust CT entrance to A house
- Fixed clipping on A tree
That's about everything, definitely missed some really small details which I don't really feel like mentioning

I think for now I'll just keep tweaking the layout a bit more since there's still some feedback left, I'll probably schedule another playtest pretty soon so stay tuned!

Of course new screenshots can be found on the Steam Workshop page which at the moment of writing this is still waiting to get approved, but it'll probably be approved pretty shortly.

Anyway, that's it! Keep mapping my dudes

Edited by P0TAT0

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.