Eric Lancon - Level Artist

Riven

Hey all, I thought I might bite the bullet and rev up for some crits and feedback on my new redesigned portfolio from all the fellows here who know what to look for.

genecy_forum.jpg

It's more or less complete with the actual PDF resume missing at the moment. (still working on it). but the pages should all be spell checked and formatted properly by now.

Let me know if you fellas think I stand a chance in the industry as a level artist or designer?

Link: http://www.genecy.net

Also of note, I'm not quite ready to enter the game design industry as I have one more year left of uni.

Thanks for checking it out.

I wouldn't place architecture/design with game levels. That's totally different thing when it comes to job seeking. If you're looking for a job in a game industry it's good to have an architecture knowledge but I think that presenting it on one page isn't a good idea. How about making tabs for each "job"? Also I didn't like the B&W thumbs at the first look on the page, that gives minus points for the first impression. B&W palette in the website design is elegant but too simple.

As you asked about your chance in the industry, in my opinion there are studios that can hire you, but of course these are non-AAA companies. You could get into small company and get experience there. I see lack of new, lets say "next-gen" technology in your folio. How about making stuff in Sandbox or UDK?